Openbox S9 August firmware from Sat Guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad to see people using the August firmware, and agreed on the ability to get help when folks use the same ones! Pays to wait til one is posted here!

Question somewhat related: On the channel editor software available here, why would the transponder file on a thumb drive say, "you do not have permission"..etc, etc..and not allow me to load this into the editor I'd like to add the CW channels to the openbox, and unless I miss my guess I also need this to add the CBC channels recently mentioned by Scott and others here, as my Openbox doesn't know what to scan-for in the "antenna setup."

What did I miss on the channel editor thread of long ago, or what am I doing wrong? I plan to share my Transponder list with two other people who are both on FTA birdview systems. All they'll have to do is re-find positions and we'll all be keeping each other "in the loop."

going thru channels on g16. q was 76 or more, and got show for about 2 seconds and then the video locked up. solomend was on all afternoon and all of a sudden, video and sound locked up. switched channels and video and sound for a couple of seconds, then locked up. switched to another satellite and still locked up. rebooted solomend and everything was playing good again... sadoun said they shipped my new s9 friday. will check out what firmware is on the new box. charlie

Is there anyway I can convert them (file types)

Format Factory will convert media files into other types. Just about whatever to mpg, avi, wmv etc. The dvr files created in earlier SSO FW has to be converted to TS with the Ariva TS Tool for Format Factory to be able to open and convert them.

going thru channels on g16. q was 76 or more, and got show for about 2 seconds and then the video locked up. solomend was on all afternoon and all of a sudden, video and sound locked up. switched channels and video and sound for a couple of seconds, then locked up. switched to another satellite and still locked up. rebooted solomend and everything was playing good again... sadoun said they shipped my new s9 friday. will check out what firmware is on the new box. charlie

The same thing happened last night on my openbox S9. I had to reboot from the back button and so far everything seems to be working. I thought it was just a glitch but maybe not. I have a new s9 comming also so I will see what firmware is on it. Mines comming from Hypermegasat.

just went back to my old firmware dated hds2-11-03-21:04. watching nbc football on kcwy, g16, and video and audio locking up again. will try and see if i get the lockups again. loaded the dump that i renamed with the date. it still had all the programs i had scanned in and positions for disceq 1.2. went right to the correct satellites... charlie

The same thing happened last night on my openbox S9. I had to reboot from the back button and so far everything seems to be working. I thought it was just a glitch but maybe not. I have a new s9 comming also so I will see what firmware is on it. Mines comming from Hypermegasat.

Well, the honeymoon is over!!! After a couple of days I began to see the locked ups in my boxes. Usually I'm getting them on AZTECA 7 HD 3851 V 7558 720p on Galaxy 23 121W. I have tried rebooting on the back but after a minute or so it lock up agains (while watching the same channel). Sometimes I change to another sat and it keep working, sometimes also still lockup even changing to another sat. If I do a hard reboot on the back the problems is solve until I go again to that same channel. This is happening in my Openbox and Solomends. Here comes the hard part. So after a while I decided to go back to my previous firm versions. After doing a Factory, re-instaling my old firm version and my TPs list , the lockup came back again. I don't what happens but I think something is hidden in this version. From my 4 boxes I'm getting lockups in those I did the update. The ones I didn't update are working fine. Strange Huh!!!

I haven't had the problem since the other day but I don't spend a lot of time on 121W. I will go up there and leave it for a while and see what happens. I,ve been focussing on trying to get the CW channels installed but not having much luck. I think it could be this firmware version but don't know. I'me still sitting on the fence with this firmware.

got the s9 today. don't know how to tell if it is an s9 but it is an open box. glad to see it has the green/red/blue connections that i use for the second box. i also hooked up the audio. only problem is my solomend is on the 6' dish and the s9 is on the 36". controller tries to control both of them... oh well. i am giving the 36" to my sil in st louis for christmas. will give hime the new receiver also since i have lots of practice fising the solomend... life goes on. btw, same software was on the new receiver as i was using on the solomend. i went back from the august firmware on here because i am not getting lockups on the old software. charlie

I'me going back to the old firmware too. I was on AMC1 last night and it was freezing up pretty bad. Changed channels several times and after a few minutes it just froze.

Which version are you returning-to? Can you direct me to it? I have freezing, but......everything ELSE was fixed by the version posted for August on this site. Perhaps there's an "intermediate" version that would continue to support my on/off issue and keep the newer menu and favorites look? Or, perhaps it can be posted and approved as
an option here....on this site?

The version I'me using is date 16 November 2010. If you go to wydvb.com click on download and scroll to s9s10american.rar. Make sure you dump your present firmware and your TP list.

thank you for the info. Did you just rename it, or unzip as RAR? I think that software is newer than what was on my box when it came (I'll search archives here for one of my posts).....and, it may help with the ION net freezing if I read your posts correctly.

After playing a little big and changing different configuration I was able to fix the problem. Sometimes the medicine is worsen than the problem. I was able to finally get rid of the freeze or lockups by changing or decreasing the TV System configuration at the System Setup from 1080i_60 to 720P_ 60. What is causing the lockups is the 1080 configuration in the Openbox. I didnt suffered too much since 2 of my TVS are 720 and only 1 is 1080. So , in order to fix the probem I need to keep my big 1080 TV getting 720 from the Openbox until a new firm is released that can fix this issue. Once I began to use the Media Player to see my *.vob movies in my 500GB Hardrive it is real hard to go back and miss this feature!!! Hope it can help others!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)