Openbox S9 Channel Editor-Adding Satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Of the many FTA-related things that I don't know jack about, one of my weakest areas is use of channel editors (firmware installation, switching matrixes and PVR/recording would be some others).

I have been experimenting with the channel editor for the Openbox S9 (PVR-Editor_dbs) and am making some progress. I have been able to dl, unzip and open the editor, and was able to dump my channel list off the STB and open it in the editor on my PC.

The list that came on this S9 was a NA list, but I did not care for the way they had named the satellites, so I edited the names, no problem.

Where I am running into trouble is when I try to add a satellite to the list. I want to have C & Ku sats for each orbital position (where applicable).

There are a few positions I would like to insert into the body of the list, and some I would like to add on the top and bottom of the list, keeping them in azimuth order, starting at the east at the top, and west on the bottom.

I have tried everyting I can think of and no luck, how do you do that? :confused:

Highlight "Satellite information" at the top of the list. Right click and select "edit". You can create a new satellite here. It goes to the bottom of the list , I believe, but then by highlighting it, you can move it up in the list.
:)

Highlight "Satellite information" at the top of the list. Right click and select "edit". You can create a new satellite here. It goes to the bottom of the list , I believe, but then by highlighting it, you can move it up in the list.
:)

Voila!!!!

Thanks Brent, that worked exactly like you said. I was trying to open the Satellite information list and create/insert it into there, doesn't work that way. :)

Another question:

I created a new sat, found it at the bottom of the list, highlighted it, moved it up to the position where I wanted it, but.......

All the original sats in this list have a "+" symbol to their left, like they are a discrete folder in a data tree, but this new sat I have created and moved does not, it appears to be a "subfolder" of the sat above it in the list.

Is there a way to cure that?

I never could get the editor to work. Gave up.
Apparently "Nobody" has writin a "how to use" and it's mostly guess work.
That's the part that sucks with s9-and probably 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)