OpenBox Setup problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ruter

Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Vancouver Island
I just recieved my Openbox S9 and I'm having problems with the setup.

Looking at your photo's I've done just about everything the same as you, but I can't pick anything up when I scan.

One of the satellites I'm trying to pick up is AMC4 KU 101. I'm sure my setup is correct. As a matter of fact I just unplugged my old Pansat 3500, which was working fine, with quality levels in the 70-80's. I also have a SONICVIEW 8000 still plugged in (different switch settings) and it also has levels in the 70-80's.
I just entered the same DiSEqC & 22khz switch settings as the old pansat, set the LNB to 10750 and tried to scan. But I get nothing.

One thing that confused me, but I see the same thing on your photo's, is the signal intensity = 45% and signal quality 5% - that's all I get, even after setting the diSEqC & 22K switches.

The other difference to yours is the Setup options. My openbox does not have Blind Scan, it just has auto scan, and it only has "fixed or "motor" antenna options - which I have set as "fixed".

I figure it has to be either my firmare, or maybe it doesn't like my hardware? I'm using E140A EMP Centauri multi switches whish are externally "powered" , with just simple diSEqC switches.

Can anyone comment?

I'll do a little more reading on firmware...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SG2100 motor control board repair.

Viewsat MAXHD file

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts