Viewsat MAXHD file

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
I'm trying to fix a friends VS MAXHD which is acting crazy so we can use it with our FTA system. I already did a factory reset and try to load the factory firmware but once it finish with the reboot it automatically bring back the box and do not install the factory. Does anybody keep a copy of the cleaner file?? SO I can bring it back to a virgin state??? Here is the name of the file:

PFTAHDMSW-Cleaner-HM

Thanks

Cleaner File.zip

I have the zipped cleaner file but it exceeds the forum maximum being it is 6.19 MB in size.:(
Send a PM with your email address & I'll email it to you instead. OK?

:eek:k:
brex
Thank you so much for the quick response!!! Already got it. Also, ran the cleaner and re-install factory and everything is working fine!!!!solve the issues
Again, Thanks!!:wave

I have the zipped cleaner file but it exceeds the forum maximum being it is 6.19 MB in size.:(
Send a PM with your email address & I'll email it to you instead. OK?

Brex
I'll PM you with my e-mail and I can upload it. Last I checked there wasnt a capacity limit on uploads for staff
I guess in case someone else was looking for it

Got the PM Iceberg.
Email sent with some extras that could come in handy for VS MaxHD owners.:)

slight delay getting it posted
Looks like after the software upgrade the cap is the same uploading for all now (4.77MB).....I PM'd Scott about seeing if that can be lifted for mods so I can post it

Here are the files that brex was nice enough to send me. The manual is in the manual section but the other files are here

Attachments

• PFTAHDMSW-Cleaner-HM.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 332
  • Viewsat MaxHD PFTAHDMSW.doc
    24 KB · Views: 842
  • Viewsat MAXHD Stuck On BOOT Fix.doc
    20 KB · Views: 400
  • VIEWSAT_VSMAXHD_v101.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 389
Are these Viewsat Max Hd receivers any good? I am seeing several of them on ebay with the 8psk module installed and was just wondering if I should try to invest in one. I would like to upgrade to HD, of course. El_Viejo

Last edited:
Are these Viewsat Max Hd receivers any good? I am seeing several of them on ebay with the 8psk module installed and was just wondering if I should try to invest in one. I would like to upgrade to HD, of course. El_Viejo

Unless you're ready to spend a lot of time entering TPs & SRs to get the FTA channels that the scanning misses, and the unit was very inexpensive, I would say no.
The tuners just aren't that sensitive. You must resort to hackerware just to get the features to work properly. Factory support is nonexistent(but so is Coolsat & others).
My choices were to buy an Openbox type stb & later an Azbox Elite.
I've only kept the old Viewsat & other files to help out some that may need them, but may purge my PCs of these soon.

But a Coolsat works fine blind scanning. It just wont show 4:2:2 or HD programs :)
Oh yeah I agree. My Coolsat 5000 & 7100, Pansat 2500 & 3500SD all scan SD channels real well. For HD its the Ferguson Ariva 100(Polish made type Openbox) or the Azbox Elite.
The Ferguson loaded with factory firmware blind scans very well too. Those TPs & SRs I enter into the Azbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)