Opinion on dual lnb holder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Yes, this is all before I get a BUD, but I was thinking it would be nice theoretically to have a 2nd lnbf (that would have the plate inside it) a few degrees to the east of the main lnbf to get the L/R circular signals. Has anyone tried a double lnb setup for C-band? I saw that for the DIY challenged, there are several options commercially. Here are the two I saw, and I wondered what your opinions might be as far as not sacrificing a lot of signal quality and the practicality for long term use. I'll be interested in hearing the discussion on this :)

Attachments

• Cband2.JPG
    Cband2.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Cband1.JPG
    Cband1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 239
My 10 footer is setup as a fixed triple lnb setup.
Here is a picture on how I setup the second one. I will have to check and see if I have any more pictures.
Im setup for 97, 101 and 105, 4 degrees spacing for each.
bracket.jpg

I used 3/4 conduit brackets and aluminum flatbar from Lowes.
Signal quality is great.

Not a very good picture but the lnbf on the left is setup like the one on the right but lower.
The lnbf on the right almost touches the support arm above it, the one on the left is closer to the support below it.

twins.jpg

Reactions: northgeorgia
If you want to get closer spacing, then you have to start getting creative.
This was part of a 99W 101W setup I ditched in favor of 97W, 101W, 105W.
cutscalar.jpg

Looks like the dish on the right is like...man you could at least share one of those. :D

Reactions: fred555
Looks like the dish on the right is like...man you could at least share one of those. :D

I finished the dish on the right a few weeks ago. Im just slack on pictures. Its usually too dark to takem after I finish up.

Reactions: KE4EST
Yeah, I remember was just messing with ya.

Reactions: fred555
I have two LNBFs on my 10 ft. BUD, one for linear and one for circular. The linear LNBF is at the prime focus point and the circular is offset. With about 3/8" gap between the scalers, the two beans are separated by about 6 degrees. Signal strength on the offset LNBF is down about 2 dB from the main one.

The 10 ft. dish has a button hook feed support with a U bolt to hold the LNBF, so all the holes in the scaler were available for brackets to support the second LNBF. The slots cut in the brackets were so I could bend them, pointing the offset LNBF toward the center of the dish. All it took was a hacksaw, a drill and a piece of metal from my scrap pile.

P1120041.JPG

I have two LNBFs on my 10 ft. BUD, one for linear and one for circular. The linear LNBF is at the prime focus point and the circular is offset. With about 3/8" gap between the scalers, the two beans are separated by about 6 degrees. Signal strength on the offset LNBF is down about 2 dB from the main one.

The 10 ft. dish has a button hook feed support with a U bolt to hold the LNBF, so all the holes in the scaler were available for brackets to support the second LNBF. The slots cut in the brackets were so I could bend them, pointing the offset LNBF toward the center of the dish. All it took was a hacksaw, a drill and a piece of metal from my scrap pile.

View attachment 112254

Nice setup!

Reactions: lost_mesa
Ill try to get a closeup of my triple.
Member migold ?? here I think has a neat double or triple he fabricated too.

My Avatar shows an older mounting arrangement for 99W and 105W on a 2.4 meter stationary dish. I should take some newer photos.... I have remounted this arrangement and changed to 2 dual C-Band LNBFs. I also set 2 dual C-Band LNBFs on my 10 ft mesh buttonhook dish to receive101W and 97W. I'm just using pipe hanging hardware from Lowes (not shown in the avatar photo). Also I have dual Ku LNBF on 90cm GeoSatPro dish, usually pointed at PBS on 125W. All the dual LNBFs feed into 4X4 switches which are selected from DiSeqc switches for each of 4 receivers. Three receivers feed modulators for distribution throughout the home on unused NTSC channels.

Reactions: northgeorgia
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)