Opinion on Fortec 1.2 m

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I have a CM 1.2M dish now. It's too heavy for my motor. I am looking to buy the Fortec Star 1.2M dish. How will the reception be compared to my CM?

The CM beats the Fortec any day. Disadvantage is the weight.
Fortec is an average dish, still not bad for price at that size. If you look for better dish, try Patriot 1.1m...the best one in range 1 - 1.2m size.

I have a CM 1.2M dish now. It's too heavy for my motor. I am looking to buy the Fortec Star 1.2M dish. How will the reception be compared to my CM?

Where can I buy a Patriot 1.1m dish? I Googled it and couldn't find anyone selling them.
Do you know how much the dish weighs?
In what way is it superior to the Fortec.
Will it mate with a downward pointing motor shaft which is 55m in diameter?
I love my CM but it's too darn heavy for a DisEqc motor.
Thanks for the info. I'd be lost without this forum.

Why do you have to use a Diseqc motor?

All chinese dishes are crap in my opinion, it's quantity over quality.

You pay for what you get.

I would keep the CM any day and put a Jaeger SMR1224 on it and buy a VBOX2 to drive it from your receiver.

As I remember, Mike Kohl carries Patriot line. Not sure if Mike is a sponsor here.
I forgot the link of his website. Patriot is a well-know brand, they make satellite dish for commercial use.
good luck
Where can I buy a Patriot 1.1m dish? I Googled it and couldn't find anyone selling them.
Do you know how much the dish weighs?
In what way is it superior to the Fortec.
Will it mate with a downward pointing motor shaft which is 55m in diameter?
I love my CM but it's too darn heavy for a DisEqc motor.
Thanks for the info. I'd be lost without this forum.

I can't speak for or against the CM as I don't have one. I've read they are better???? I can't verify that, and I won't deny it. I do have a Fortec 1.2m dish and it works quite well for me. I use it with a Stab HH120 motor and it usually works good enough. It is very slow compared to the Stab HH90 motor, but it does handle the weight, most of the time. There are times (few) when I get aggravated with it, but I'm also impatient. I have actually gone outside to see if the thing is/has moved. A couple of times, I've even given it a little push. I've noticed, that this usually only occurs when it's been a while since the motor has been used. The more the motor warms up, the better it seems to go? Also, I try to remember to leave the dish parked uphill, when not in use, so it don't take so long to warm it up. For example, if I leave it on Hispasat (on my east horizon) or T7/IA7/G27 (on my west horizon), it may be a considerable amount of time before I can change to another satellite. Even the next one over (G10) by 6 degrees, it won't stop on it, without me giving it a push, or going to the next one over (Satmex5), and coming back to G10. When the motor is being used and warm, I don't have these type problems. I guess it's got arthritis or something, once you get the ole joints moving, it's fine.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)