opinion on srl

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
i am strongly considering starting a new sub with srl. How is the customer service? is their billing accurate? any problems with credit cards getting incorrect charges etc?

are they easy to deal with and setup an account?

I've been with SRL now for about 8 months. Bailed on NPS pretty quickly in the spring.
I've not had any trouble with them in the short time I've used them.
One of the nice things with them is that you can ask to be setup for their "WEB SAMS" which allows you to manage your subscriptions yourself online.
The few times I've had to call for help, they've been more than helpful. Usually wind up chatting with the person on the phone for a few too.
so, nutshell, I have no complaints about them (so far)

SRL is Top Notch I had them for programming on and off for years, never any issues. Very fast answering phones and nice people to talk with. I would highly recommend them. Im fed up with NPS and think I'll go totally with SRL except for the pkgs I'm grandfathered into with NPS till they cut the lower price off on those. Make the switch your money is good anywhere.

i am strongly considering starting a new sub with srl. How is the customer service? is their billing accurate? any problems with credit cards getting incorrect charges etc?

are they easy to deal with and setup an account?

Well, the only real issue I had with them was that they didn't activate my IPG when I started a sub. I called them back in a couple of days since it never showed up and got that issue corrected.

I've been with SRL now for about 8 months. Bailed on NPS pretty quickly in the spring.
I've not had any trouble with them in the short time I've used them.
One of the nice things with them is that you can ask to be setup for their "WEB SAMS" which allows you to manage your subscriptions yourself online.
The few times I've had to call for help, they've been more than helpful. Usually wind up chatting with the person on the phone for a few too.
so, nutshell, I have no complaints about them (so far)

They didn't mention WEB SAMS to me when I subbed.

I've been with them for over a year on three of my receivers and they been really good to deal with and the only issue that has ever come up has been with the IPG not getting authorized which seem to happen when using the "WEB SAMS" to purchase programming.

sounds good to me. I will give them a call tomorrow. I really like the option to get the movies channels on their master feeds or w5 at the same time. This will be handy in the summer when my neighbor's western trees get their leaves.

that pick 10 pack is interesting for me....10 of my favorites from w5 and then hbo

The pick 10 has caught my eye too. I used to have the c band big package with them a few years back even subbed some VC-2 stuff through them never any problems with the guide or anything.

SRL is more than competitive with NPS and very good to deal with. WebSams is also very handy to have. However, the only drawback I have and the reason I also carry a couple of subs with an NPS reseller as well is that SRL does not sell any programming on G3 and that would create a domestic problem.

The story behind SRL and G3's programming is this I was told. NPS offered it to SRL to be able to sell but they wanted full retail for the channels (what we pay with NPS) so SRL would have to charge more than NPS or make nothing on it. Maybe NPS should have offered it at a wholesale cost to SRL then NPS may have had a few more dollars then they get now for G3. NPS's Greed probably cost themselves additional income.

As far as Websams goes I have access to Websams on SRL's side and Skyvision side. All you have to do is ask for it. Don't forget to check out Skyvisions packages and alacarts also. You can save using some of Skyvisions offers. SRL will handle both for you and you can have both at once, pretty cool. :D

I have been with SRL for almost 2 years and no problems. Quick to answer the phone and websams for when it's closed. Nice helpful people.

The best thing is that they won't try to sell you a cell phone or HD TV or whatever they get commission to push like NPS.

As of today I am a happy SRL customer. Got the HBO MAX standard G1 and pick 10 on w5.
Gotta have speed and fuse channels LOL. Love watching rock vids and moto GP racing.
(I am a sportbiker myself ...so those moto GP guys are my heros Ha Ha).

I'm looking around too, losing history International is the last straw for me with NPS. Not having G3 programming is a big issue for me, too. I'll check out Skyvision. After 25 years with my BUD I am starting to wonder about the future- but I would hate to become a pizza slave.

you can get history internation from srl on w5. you can get it with the pick 10 pack if you don't want to buy a huge package.

What is SRL and how does one get in touch with them? We bailed out on NPS also and Mama has been pretty grouchy since she is only watching the networks, her choice :rant:. Not much smypathy here, I'm getting to watch anything I want at any time ;).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)