Status
Please reply by conversation.

Whipskinny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Hello all,

Does anyone here have any opinions on this receiver. Buzz S2010F
I'm new to the whole idea of FTA, didn't even know there was such a thing until last week. My past hobby was Shortwave DX'ing which was very enjoyable at one time.
Since learning of FTA I can't think of much else and have been spending an inordinate amount of time learning as much as I can about this satellite DX'ing ( sound and pictures from around the world, imagine that).
I had pretty much settled on the Coolsat 5K Platinum based primarily on Icebergs great review, I know for sure I need too have a fast 'blind' scan, motor control and screens that are easy on the eyes, the processing power that the Buzz is supposed to have is whats really caused me to question my decision on the CS 5k.
As I stated earlier I have absolutely no experience with this and was really hoping somebody here could help me with my decision process.
Thanks

welcome :wave

Funny how you bring up the Buzz receiver. I just got one (from the site you linked to) and will be reviewing it in the next couple days :)

If you like shortwave dxing, you are a perfect candidate for FTA. Lots of news feeds, sports feeds and interesting programs out there.
Unfortunatelly, FTA doesnt work like dxing and you are limited to the satellite footprint

Yes you should love FTA. I watched an interesting feed of a woman in a stolen Police SUV earlier today. Watched for over an hour before they caught her. No telling how long it was on before I started watching. The shots were live from a helicopter. Don't even know where it happened or what it was about. My guess would be LA, that sort of thing seems to happen out there often.

Al

Iceberg, I feel honored having you be the first SatGuy to reply to my very first post. Can't wait for the review. I hope it's very, very long and detailed ((kidding) but it would be nice).
Personally I don't care how much I can receive, I 'm sure that I'll just be scanning the horizon over and over and over, and will be quite satisfied with an occasional gem.

VoomVoom, thank you also. Just saw a report on CNN about that chase you were watching. Two hours long, Los Angeles, Calif.. Report stated the women was 'unbalanced'.

slight delay on the review

all set to work on it yesterday, and well, lets say "due to bad weather conditions the review will be delayed" (we had very thick cloud cover and rain/snow mix so KU signals were really bad yesterday.)

review is up in the review sectrion (delay was a little longer than expected as we had some really bad weather...lots of snow)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)