Opinions wanted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delandy

Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Marathon, Ontario
I am new to all of this and not all that smart with technical stuff. I do however want to buy an FTA. In the reading I have been doing, I think I want to buy a Pansat 250SM as it sounds straight forward. Is this a good choice ? I do not have a High Def TV, but may in the next year or so. Should I then look at the Pansat 9600HD? Should I buy a dish with 2 or 3 LNB's or is my old dish with one LNB enough ?
Hope someone can give me some answers.
Thanks

You need to ask this in the FTA forum section. This section is about the operation of this web site.

For FTA you will need a at least a 31" dish. You can buy as many LNBs as you need depending if you decide to have a fixed dish and want to receiver multiple satellites or a motorized dish that can pick up many satellites with one LNB.

For HD there is not much regular channels (PBS only) unless you get a larger dish for C-Band.

Hi delandy,

You asked if your old dish with 1 LNB was good enough. What type of dish do you have? What's the size? 31 to 39 inch? You could look at a motorized setup to find the occasional sports feeds from the different satellites, or as qwert1515 says, a larger C-Band dish will get some more HD stuff for you.

What size/type of dish are you using now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)