Opportunity to design a home theater

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Its like going to bed on Christmas eve... the anticipation is so great... tomorrow the man cave takes form.... 106" screen, five in-wall speakers, Mitsi HC1500U FP; Dish installed; and OTA roof-top antenna... :hungry: :hungry:

:up

Its like going to bed on Christmas eve... the anticipation is so great... tomorrow the man cave takes form.... 106" screen, five in-wall speakers, Mitsi HC1500U FP; Dish installed; and OTA roof-top antenna... :hungry: :hungry:

:up

I'm excited for you! Looking forward to your first report after the room goes live!

Its been a helluva day.... Mostly good. First, the HT Room is in; the screen is up, five in-wall speakers are done; the wiring is all into the mechanical room.

The only glitch... the projector mount. Their "universal" mount (actually 3 different ones) would not work with the Mitsi... so they are overnighting one; so as of right now, I can LISTEN to stuff int he HT room, but can't watch.

That's ok, as we are still trying to get furniture in there. I can wait a day.

I'll take some pics tonight. It really does look great.

AND then there is the Dish Install. Dish 1000.2, new 722, and an OTA antenna. THat took awhile, but once done, all is well. The best thing.... when he added the new receiver, he changed my address to Illinois (and I was ready to say goodbye to my Denver HD locals), BUT they never turned them off. Right now, I have Denver HD locals, plus 16 OTA HD channels from Peoria, Champaign, and Decatur. Its pretty sweet. Don't know how long it will last, but since there are no Dish LiL HD channels here, I am not complaining. AND I though Denver locals were on spotbeam. Guess not. :)

SO... it was a good christmas in late May, even though the biggest present is still wrapped, so to speak. Tomorrow or Thursday we'll be in Home theater heaven.'

The only glitch... the projector mount. Their "universal" mount (actually 3 different ones) would not work with the Mitsi... so they are overnighting one; so as of right now, I can LISTEN to stuff int he HT room, but can't watch.

That is much better than my one glitch when doing mine. The lamp blew about 2 minutes after powering it on for the first time. Had to wait 2 weeks to ship the projector back and receive the new one. It was well worth the wait. :D

After a marathon process of several furniture stores, we found a nice Lazyboy recliner couch my wife liked. She did not like the HT chairs; but I can live witht he couch. It will be here on Friday; and Friday night should be a good one in Rocky's man cave ;)

After a marathon process of several furniture stores, we found a nice Lazyboy recliner couch my wife liked. She did not like the HT chairs; but I can live witht he couch. It will be here on Friday; and Friday night should be a good one in Rocky's man cave ;)

Don't forget the brew when it's done.
BeerTaps.gif

Yee Hah!

The Mitsi is installed; it is up and running; picture looks great; I added a 12" Sub; put the 10" in the living room; and am ready to watch my first movie in the HT room tonight.

I need to study the Mitsi manual, make sure I am running in econo mode; and definitely need to do some tweaking of the brightness and color, but dang, it looks good.

I just took some pics and will upload them tonight when I am on my laptop -- no SD adapter on my desktop.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice.

Now if I disappear for the next few days, don't send out a search party or anything... I am sure I'll just be down in the cave. ;)

That is my plan. I also need to put in a dimmer switch in the HT Room; its got nice lighting, but either all on or all off.

Congrats on getting it all up. I am very jealous.

Look into one of those Lutron electronic dimmers. You can really wow them with that as you can adjust the dimming time. Hit the button once and have it dim over a 10 second period. I think you can get one that is remotable as well.

This is the one I am thinking of:
Lutron Maestro IR® 600 Watt Dimmer With Infrared Receiver - White - MIR-600THW-WH at The Home Depot

Congrats on getting it all up. I am very jealous.

Look into one of those Lutron electronic dimmers. You can really wow them with that as you can adjust the dimming time. Hit the button once and have it dim over a 10 second period. I think you can get one that is remotable as well.

This is the one I am thinking of:
Lutron Maestro IR® 600 Watt Dimmer With Infrared Receiver - White - MIR-600THW-WH at The Home Depot

Thats what the HT guys recommended. Heading to Menards tomorrow... :)

...Now if I disappear for the next few days, don't send out a search party or anything... I am sure I'll just be down in the cave. ;)
I would expect that you have a wireless device with you and you can post every half-hour on the show...

:D

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would expect that you have a wireless device with you and you can post every half-hour on the show...

:D

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I chose to leave the laptop upstairs, and just enjoy. My kid wanted to watch Night at the Museum, so we watched about half of it. Then I switched to Hot Fuzz; both off the Dish Archive I have. Hot Fuzz really showed the sound off well; I was not convinced that the new sub (a Sony 12") I bought at BB today was really doing its thing, but the first movie just didn't have a strong LFE feed. Tomorrow I will throw in Transformers and Terminator 2 on HD DVD. Those will be a good test.

But I am thrilled beyond belief. Can't believe I have this. Christmas arrived early. Very early. And the whole thing was not cheap, I figure about $3500 when all is said and done.

Here are a few photos. I will take better ones with the XTi once the couch arrives tomorrow.

The mark in the upper right hand corner is a spot that still needs to be painted.

Attachments

• IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    545.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    532.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    961.5 KB · Views: 111

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)