Oprah,new boss of Discovery ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bikerchik52

Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
VA
I saw a commericial on Discovery this weekend that Discovery Health is b/c part of OWN(Oprah's new network).I don't know how this will affect the mix that we are already gonna be in come Jan but just wonderin' yall's thoughts

all they are doing is renaming it. Oprah owns 1/2 of it and Discovery owns 1/2 of it (the other channels in the Discovery mux are owned by them only)

If it is anything like what happened when Discovery Kids became HUB, most of the old programming will be gone. But HUB shows Happy Days and Batman at night, so it's not all bad...

Discovery must be hurting for money, first HUB (partnered up with Hasbro) (I do enjoy Batman, Wonder Years, etc)
and now this. I can only imagine what programming will be offered, seriously, besides old episodes of Oprah.
Good Times, Soul Train, Sanford & Son, Jeffersons, I mean all this stuff is available elsewhere, what can she possibly offer as entertainment? I can't see her airing The Waltons!!

The competition is getting heavy out there everyone is trying to get viewers to tune to their new channels. Just look at Antenna Tv launching soon and MeTV going national now.

according to wiki it will be new shows...no Oprah reruns

On April 8, 2010 several new shows for the channel were announced including Visionaries: Inside the Creative Mind; Your OWN Show: Oprah's Search for the Next TV Star; The Gayle King Show; Why Not? With Shania Twain; Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes; Breaking Down the Bars; Enough Already with Peter Walsh; In the Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman; Our America with Lisa Ling; Kidnapped By the Kids; Miracle Detectives; The Swell Life; Searching For...; Oprah Presents Master Class, Ask Oprah's All-Stars, Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag, Mystery Diagnosis, and Oprah's Next Chapter.[1]

On April 29, 2010 it was announced that a new show, Inside Rehab, will be added to the channel's primetime lineup.[13]

On July 26, 2010 it was revealed that Sarah, Duchess of York would star in her own New York based show titled Finding Sarah.

and it also looks like Rosie will have a show on there too :rolleyes:

If it is anything like what happened when Discovery Kids became HUB, most of the old programming will be gone. But HUB shows Happy Days and Batman at night, so it's not all bad...

I find myself watching The Hub a lot since it became The Hub. I like the Honey I Shrunk The Kids - The TV Show and a few others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.