Optimum Voice: keeping number immediate?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

r8d

Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
You have to pay $40 to keep your old number when signing up for VOIP service through C*. I have verizon currently. Will the number transfer be immediate or do they assign me a temporary number until it is switched? I forgot to ask them and don't feel like sitting on the phone for 30 minutes since I'm at work and in meetings all day. So, if anyone knows I would appreciate it. I couldn't find that info on their web site. Thanks.

When transferring a number from another company. Cablevision put in an order. On your connection date your prior phone company has to stop using that phone #. The # is basically sold to Cablevison. Basically to answer your question is immediate. The day the OV service is hooked up you will be using your carried over #.

Thanks for the quick response. I just remember when I originally inquired about VOIP from another company (over a year ago) they said there could be up to a 40 day wait.

When I placed my order for OV my appountment was 7 days later. I was with SBC and the next day the order was placed to port my # for the day of my appointment. I guess the wait can be different for everybody. Basically the day you get the service your ported # will work.

The number transition is immediate upon provisioning of the modem The reason for the 15+ day wait is to get a release date from the current carrier. A request from verizon can go trough in as little as 5 days if there are no issues. Other carriers such as Conversant, ATT and Frontier take up to 2 weeks.

Cablevision's official policy is to push all ported installs out at least 15 days to allow enough time for any carrier. There are a lot of instances where customers give us the wrong carrier, or they actually have a resold phone #.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)