Optoma HD33 1080p 3D Projector $1499

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
My Optoma HD70 (720p) projector is nice, but is not compatible with the 3D-XL add-on for 3D.

I've also been thinking for months about upgrading to 1080p for my home theater.

Today I jumped, the HD33 Optoma is the first 1080p 3D projector under $3,000 - let alone under $1,500. Add to that, I found a store offering the $1499 price with free shipping, no tax, and a free pair of the 3D glasses that normally are $99.

Optoma is NOT including any 3D glasses with the projector - but is including the 3D RF emitter. The RF eliminates the need for the glasses to see an IR emitter, so turning your head doesn't cause sync issues.

I've never watched 3D, but am excited to give it a try in the next few weeks. Hey, even if I don't use it often, it is still a very nice looking, and bright, 1080p projector.

Info on the free glassess offer from projector superstore:
Optoma HD33 Hometheater Projector Facebook and Email Promotion

Info from Optoma:
Optoma USA HD33

I spoke to Optoma and they will be shipping them in the next week or two, then figure a bit for the retailer to get it shipped. Hopefully it's here in time for the NFL season to start, then I'll have a nice HD70 projector (with only 1100 hours on the original bulb btw) to sell.

Optoma rocks I have a hd20 that I got for 700 after a package deal. Very smooth.

sent from my thunderbolt

dfergie said:
Not a bad price at all!

Great price and free glasses is just a bonus. Added an extra pair for $99.

Got word today they are expecting them in tomorrow and will ship out same or next day. Traveling across country, should be hear early next week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts