Orby Dish Conversion

Making progress! From the channels returned in your scan your dish is aimed between 97w and 99w as you are getting channels from both satellites. Still need to go a tiny bit east to lock only 97w. Be sure to mark everything (azimuth, elevation, skew) before adjusting anything so you can return to the spot you are at now if you get lost. Keep up the good work! :)
You are a genius!!! Thank you!

Reactions: FTA4PA
IF you make a very thin pencil mark on the pole to the dish mount itself, you know just how far you are really turning when you go either East or West. If you overshoot, etc, it really helps to get realigned easier as it gives you a reference point.
I did mark the mounting pole and wrote the satellite name on it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
This is too much excitement for one day. it feels like I conquered the West (97W, that is). Thank you Michael for all of your help and guidance and the receiver that you sold me. You guys all of you are the best, without you I couldn't have done it.
You are very Welcome!

So I just went outside and a slight (a couple of degrees East), brought in 12152h20000 at level 99 and quality 90. You are a genius!!! thank you for your guidance. I am now getting 120 channels, did I say fro free? Correction, I am now getting 153 channels.
Good deal! Now my next level of advice: Do not make the mistake many of us do, in thinking you can "maybe tweak just a tiny bit more, and get it in even BETTER". Then proceed to screw it all up, and not even get back to where you already have it great! lol

Mine too HipKat, I went from knowing zero to finding a needle in the sky.
Glad you got the aim dialed in. Now comes the hard part -- learning all the languages spoken on those channels. :)

Also, you may eventually want to add a dish motor so you can get other satellites with a touch of a button.

Personally, I spend almost all my FTA viewing time on 99W watching news feeds. I like to watch live action in the field.

Now I wish I had saved one of the Orby Dishes I took down when people switched over. I might just have to keep a DTV Dish this week..... Summer's coming and I can always use something else to do to keep busy

Reactions: Far32 and FTA4PA
Glad you got the aim dialed in. Now comes the hard part -- learning all the languages spoken on those channels. :)

Also, you may eventually want to add a dish motor so you can get other satellites with a touch of a button.

Personally, I spend almost all my FTA viewing time on 99W watching news feeds. I like to watch live action in the field.
I already speak 4 languages and that is a plus. So yes helps to learn more languages. CHeck out channel 71

Satellites.JPG
This is just amazing how technology works. Here is an image of earth with a plot of all satellites around our tiny planet. I found Galaxy 19 in this plot as well, the tiny dot in blue.
Here is the link:

And that doesn't include all the millions of pieces of "space junk" -- dead satellites, upper rocket stages, nuts, bolts, astronaut gloves, and other chunks of old space hardware -- orbiting the planet. It's starting to become a real hazard out there to the ISS and other functioning spacecraft/satellites. There are ongoing concerns about collision potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)