Orby satellite signal

Jason1972

Original poster
Oct 4, 2019
California
I did a self install of the dish and used the gtmedia signal meter orby sells on website. In the gtmedia app I used 116.8 satellite as the aiming point. Was able to get a 92% signal strength dialed in pretty quickly. Ran the coax to the receiver and went through start up menus. Got to step 6 where it looks for satellite signal and the receiver says “no signal”. Doubled checked with meter and I still have 92% on satellite 116.8 at the coax I am plugging into receiver. Any ideas why the receiver doesn’t see the satellite?

The app had me use a skew of 5.2. But I have figured out my issue though. The app and meter don’t come with any directions, so when I finally got the Bluetooth to work and pointed the dish at the approximate coordinates the strength meter started showing signal. Didn’t even notice the other bar for quality which was still at zero. Just got best strength I could. After reading some other threads realized I need quality too. So readjusted and found a very tight window where quality was also coming in good. Works good now.

Reactions: . Raine and FTA4PA
The app had me use a skew of 5.2. But I have figured out my issue though. The app and meter don’t come with any directions, so when I finally got the Bluetooth to work and pointed the dish at the approximate coordinates the strength meter started showing signal. Didn’t even notice the other bar for quality which was still at zero. Just got best strength I could. After reading some other threads realized I need quality too. So readjusted and found a very tight window where quality was also coming in good. Works good now.
Glad you got it working. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)