Orby Saves the Day (or more) in the California Power Blackout

Really??! Can you please keep politics out of it?
It's hard to digest this (no politics) when I constantly read about fake news (CNN) and the conspiracy to keep Fox News off Orby. I'd like MSNBC, but I realize the carriage fee and bundling requirements of NBCUniversal would be too onerous.

These two posts appear to contradict each other. The first one is correct.

- Trip
That's your perception. The government regardless if party sucks trying to manage anything. I think I most of us agree on that. The government can never compete with private firms on goods and services.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I hope this isn't too political. The mods can remove this post if they feel that it is.

I used to be a news hound. Now I rarely watch news on TV. Today's political environment is very toxic regardless of what side of the isle you are standing. And I hate to say it but journalism is dead. Everyone is so quick to be the first to report something that the stories are rarely verified. My local weather forecast was about the only thing I tuned in for. But to get to that I'd have to sit through 15 or 20 minutes of shootings, stabbings, drug related crime, car crashes, child abuse, corruption, prostitution and generally negative news.

Now I get the weather on my phone and I'm much happier.

Not having news on Orby is OK with me.

I agree, the national "news" networks are not pleasant to watch. It's more opinion than news, and they dwell on politics way too much. But I do like to tune in when there is a natural disaster, or other major (non-political) event.

If Orby caves in to pressure for more channels and has to raise the price for everyone, then I think they will lose subscribers. It would be great to make any added channels optional. But unfortunately I think some networks require that they be included in the base package.

As if to "apologize" for past misbehavior, the weather here in Northern California has been near perfect. Temps in the mid 70's and almost no wind for over a week. No wind in the forecast either.

Now if we can just make it till the first big rain of the season.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)