Orby TV created to help Dish Network and DirecTV merger?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All they need to do is go MPEG4 and put all the significant HD feeds at 101.
DIRECTV's HD feeds are already MPEG4 and they're still so much bigger than their SD MPEG2 feeds that this isn't a workable solution. Ku would require less error correction but no where near a 1:1 trade for MPEG2 SD
The SD feeds needs to go away
Everyone acknowledges this but AT&T seems to be largely unwilling to make the necessary adjustments. Not having a fallback constellation as DISH created has made this more difficult but it needs to get done.

DIRECTV's HD feeds are already MPEG4 and they're still so much bigger than their SD MPEG2 feeds that this isn't a workable solution. Ku would require less error correction but no where near a 1:1 trade for MPEG2 SDEveryone acknowledges this but AT&T seems to be largely unwilling to make the necessary adjustments. Not having a fallback constellation as DISH created has made this more difficult but it needs to get done.

I don’t see eastern are as a fall back. More of a bandwidth issue for providing locals

I don’t see eastern are as a fall back. More of a bandwidth issue for providing locals
However you perceive it, it will be much more difficult to for DIRECTV to do their transition as they're forced to upgrade (or jettison) all of the Ku customers before they can proceed with conversion of the channels at 101W to the new modulation and compression schemes.

As you've pointed out, AT&T doesn't have any 5G to sell at this point. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Better late then never!!!

I read it as att is pumping all capital into 5G roll out.

What are you talking about dude I got 5G EV on my iPhone. Lol shady marketing in my Opinion. There’s a reason folks hate att with passion.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The paranoid side of me wonders if Orby TV was created to show regulators that a merger between Dish Network and DirecTV wouldn't hurt consumers, since another satellite television provider now exists.

Orby Tv, LLC in Dover, DE | Company Information & Reviews

The company founders/management are all former directv employee’s from the 2000 era. The main sales guy got directv in the bigbox stores back then. He’s repeating that again with bestbuy and target.

Reactions: truckracer
I believe most satellite and cable providers are not expecting subscribers after the next 15 years. I do not have much confidence in broadband as a primary TV service. Way too many things that go wrong on networks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Don’t you get internet from frontier?

I would total respectfully disagree with you.
Just guessing I would say I got about 150 cord cutters. They use my fiber network to watch over the top. Its working better then ever and keeps getting better. My customers are extremely happy and some will save over $10,000 over 5 years. But I’m obsessed with having quality upstream peers and private peering direct to offload video. This with making sure the WiFI install is perfect yields a killer over the top video experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)