Orby TV Just Installd mine

Thanks for posting the pic. I wonder what the range is for that little OTA antenna. Can't be very far. Any documentation specify the average range for it? UHF/VHF?

Looks to have UHF and VHF capability; I circled the VHF element

DE7291C5-2D6F-4B28-A4A8-7C642E8F0FF5.jpeg

I wonder if the dishes have skew on them for future expansion in case they decide to use a neighboring satellite that may become available in the future or for other orbital locations that may allow them two or so.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The dish wouldn't need to be skewed if installed @ 117 W Long. I don't see a way for the LNB to rotate.

It might have a setting in the lnb before being installed to change the polarization. I believe the older SuperDish has a setting on its 121/105 lnb but can’t remember.

I wonder if the dishes have skew on them for future expansion in case they decide to use a neighboring satellite that may become available in the future or for other orbital locations that may allow them two or so.

Yeah but if they are not doing locals, they really don’t need that many transponders.

Remember voom only needed 11 at 61.5

One type of OTA will not fit all. Some people live in areas that require higher gain and rotors.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the SatelliteGuys app!

I total agree. I can get the locals with just about anything a coat hanger would probably work lol. I’ve used coax jumpers before just cut off an end and expose a foot of center conductor. Works like a champ. However buddy of mine leaves a couple county’s over and it was a pain to get him signal.

Reactions: truckracer
I total agree. I can get the locals with just about anything a coat hanger would probably work lol. I’ve used coax jumpers before just cut off an end and expose a foot of center conductor. Works like a champ. However buddy of mine leaves a couple county’s over and it was a pain to get him signal.
I lucked out. The TV towers for Spokane are in Spokane Valley 3 miles south of my home. :)

Reactions: truckracer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)