Orby TV was purchased by Disitron Satellite of Florida. Anyone knows what the plan was?

F

Far32

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 24, 2021
New York
Reactions: amstereo and FTA4PA
FTA4PA

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Apparently, Disitron Satellite (Upcom Technologies Brand) purchased Orby TV name and equipment. Anyone knows what their plan is?
There was mention of this in another Orby thread here also. No word yet on what their plans are although they do have some religious channels in the clear that the Orby will automatically acquire if pointed at the 116.8 satellite so something is definitely up. Stay tuned and if you find out anything else please post. :)

J

Justy5

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2018
US
Maybe they'll sell the remnants to a scrap yard or sell it to another satellite company for parts.

A

amstereo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 2, 2021
Eastern Pennsylvania
You must not have a sense of humor or devastated that Orby is gone. I know you can get through this difficult time.

Public statement:
Orby is excited to re-launch under new ownership! Our initial, family-friendly package is supplemented by Elevate, a faith-based package.
In addition, we are in discussions with every major programming group from the previous Orby platform.
We’ll be offering a wider selection soon – featuring most of the original Orby programming.
Please direct any inquiries to info@orbytv.com and we’ll respond as soon as we are able.

Reactions: c-spand
Art7220

Art7220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2004
CA
This was on Antenna Man and Robbie Strike on YT. It will probably have the same lineup as last time.

H

Hyper Casey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 1, 2010
Mi
I am looking forward to see what they have to offer as far as the lineup. I was never a subscriber to the old Orby but i thought about it.

S

SDA_FL_USA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 15, 2018
FL
I am looking forward to see what they have to offer as far as the lineup. I was never a subscriber to the old Orby but i thought about it.
I was an Orby Subscriber but now that Wireless 5G internet is now available to me I've now became a streamer. I got the Os Mio4k and Kodi and a bunch of streaming apps like Netflix, Disney bundle, Discovery+ and Paramount+ along with with FTA and the Over the Air adapter I don't see myself going back to Orby any time soon.

Reactions: Mr Tony and c-spand