Orby TV was purchased by Disitron Satellite of Florida. Anyone knows what the plan was?

Far32

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2021
New York
Reactions: amstereo and FTA4PA
Apparently, Disitron Satellite (Upcom Technologies Brand) purchased Orby TV name and equipment. Anyone knows what their plan is?
There was mention of this in another Orby thread here also. No word yet on what their plans are although they do have some religious channels in the clear that the Orby will automatically acquire if pointed at the 116.8 satellite so something is definitely up. Stay tuned and if you find out anything else please post. :)

Maybe they'll sell the remnants to a scrap yard or sell it to another satellite company for parts.

You must not have a sense of humor or devastated that Orby is gone. I know you can get through this difficult time.

Public statement:
Orby is excited to re-launch under new ownership! Our initial, family-friendly package is supplemented by Elevate, a faith-based package.
In addition, we are in discussions with every major programming group from the previous Orby platform.
We’ll be offering a wider selection soon – featuring most of the original Orby programming.
Please direct any inquiries to info@orbytv.com and we’ll respond as soon as we are able.

Reactions: c-spand
This was on Antenna Man and Robbie Strike on YT. It will probably have the same lineup as last time.

I am looking forward to see what they have to offer as far as the lineup. I was never a subscriber to the old Orby but i thought about it.
I was an Orby Subscriber but now that Wireless 5G internet is now available to me I've now became a streamer. I got the Os Mio4k and Kodi and a bunch of streaming apps like Netflix, Disney bundle, Discovery+ and Paramount+ along with with FTA and the Over the Air adapter I don't see myself going back to Orby any time soon.

Would love to see ANY re-launch of alternatives to "bigger" companies that force so much on customers.
won't hold my breath, but if it does relaunch, I'll be in line to re-buy equipment just to have the option supported. Got rid of all my equipment except the dishes, which I never used.....Ran an older DTN dish for ORBY. Still have plenty of OTA banked up with my TabloTV box, but...loved the option of HAVING Orby. Their website was a weak link in ordering "changes" but...considering the low cost, a phone call to re-up/re-order wasn't too bad. Was better when it was sourced with good ol' American dialect-speaking people, however...in it's early days.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Most of us figured that when the Orby transponder lit up with its current offering of <insert your own opinion> channels, using the same tech specs as what Orby using, that it was no coincidence. Looks like it wasn't a coincidence.

Reactions: dishdude and N6BY
i would still be leary on it's success when streaming services are cheaper and no need for expensive hardware unless your in the sticks