Order PPV over Networked Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RawisTheGameHhH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Southside of Chicago, IL
Can I order PPV through my networked receiver or does it have to be a phone line? I will purchase WrestleMania this Sunday and I went onto the channel and it is giving me the option to purchase which I have never seen before. In the past I have just purchased PPV via the website.

If the reciever is networked it take the place of the phoneline .... but just like the phone line it only good on that one box where ordering online authorizes all recievers to get ppv.

My HR20-700 is networked and I never have been able to order a darn thing. I haven't called because I have a hearing impairment that prevents me from calling on phone. My wife don't like to call them so I don't force her to.

Anyway, it says my network is connected to the Internet and looks to me like everything is fine.

Why can't I order a movie with the remote? I don't have a landline phone.

Lem52

My HR20-700 is networked and I never have been able to order a darn thing. I haven't called because I have a hearing impairment that prevents me from calling on phone. My wife don't like to call them so I don't force her to.

Anyway, it says my network is connected to the Internet and looks to me like everything is fine.

Why can't I order a movie with the remote? I don't have a landline phone.

Lem52

Lem52, go to the website and there is a email contact us form. give us your accont info and tell them you want ippv enabled on your hr20

Often when the phone line is not hooked up at first the tech who installs it disables ippv ( ordering via remote ) it just a matter of flipping it back on.

OK, I just put an email to Directv so hope they can turn the ippv on. May take them awhile to respond to my email though.

Lem52

Thanks Stone! That didn't take long for them to turn it on as I now have a buy/watch option. The email they sent me back says I must have a phoneline connected. I didn't buy right now to see if the purchase would work but looks like it will as I got to the "Are you sure you want to purchase" portion.

Lem52

Thanks Stone! That didn't take long for them to turn it on as I now have a buy/watch option. The email they sent me back says I must have a phoneline connected. I didn't buy right now to see if the purchase would work but looks like it will as I got to the "Are you sure you want to purchase" portion.

Lem52

as long as your connected your hr20 to the internet you dont need a phone line. As the Network connection will phone home for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts