Ordered my FTA system last night!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg -

In reference to adding a 2nd lnb to my dish for StarNet, does this sound like it would work:

Sadoun KUL1 Standard LNB

2-Way (2 IN- 1 OUT) 22KHZ Multi-Switch
SADOUN S-SM21H

That should be all I need, correct? (except for the wood and coax)

Also, about how big of a piece of wood? THANKS so much! I am just trying to decide if I should spend $50 (with shipping) to add the 2nd lnb or for $103 (with shipping) and get a motor. The whole motor process sounds scary to me! I have been reading the instructions, and it sounds complicated :) I guess I am just trying to figure out the best and most affordable way of doing things. I am not that interested in foreign stuff, mainly domestic, so looking at what else s out there, about the only thing I would want to watch is StarNet movies. Thanks again for your help! I hope someday I can help someone out like you guys have helped me :)

Iceberg -

In reference to adding a 2nd lnb to my dish for StarNet, does this sound like it would work:

Sadoun KUL1 Standard LNB

2-Way (2 IN- 1 OUT) 22KHZ Multi-Switch
SADOUN S-SM21H

That should be all I need, correct? (except for the wood and coax)
Correct.

Also, about how big of a piece of wood? THANKS so much!
Not much. I’ve used a piece 4” long by ½” thick (some old trim I had laying around). You don’t need much :D

I am just trying to decide if I should spend $50 (with shipping) to add the 2nd lnb or for $103 (with shipping) and get a motor. The whole motor process sounds scary to me! I have been reading the instructions, and it sounds complicated :) I guess I am just trying to figure out the best and most affordable way of doing things. I am not that interested in foreign stuff, mainly domestic, so looking at what else s out there, about the only thing I would want to watch is StarNet movies. Thanks again for your help! I hope someday I can help someone out like you guys have helped me :)

A motor really isn’t that hard to set up. You really need to set it up at your true south satellite (which in your case is a little off of IA6. You’re at 92.3 longitude and IA6 is at 93. I’m at 93.5 so I know how it is). You aim the motor and dish south and tune in your true south. Once that is done, you store it and the motor really does the rest by moving to the other satellites. You just tell it where to go (and the receiver has an option to do it for you) and the dish moves to that satellite : )

Thanks! You make it sound so easy :) Hmm... now to decide which way to go. I think what I will do is get the system set up for G10, then decide what route to take. Just for sake of discussion, what are some of the other satellites that have domestic programming on them? I have looked at FTAlist and it doesn't look like I am missing much. I am already planning a movie party Saturday night - there is an old horror movie on some of the upn or wb stations :)

Well lets see

SBS6 (74W)
Ohio News Network
ABC & WB from Nawlins

AMC5 (79W)
Horse Racing channels

AMC3 (87W)
PBS from Montana
National PBS station (audio is AC-3 so you need a separate audio receiver to decode it)

IA6 (93W)
News feeds
Doc Scott (University Network)
CNN

IA5 (97W)
Religious channels
Games N Flix
Fashion TV

AMC4 (101W)
Fox from Beaumont, TX (UPN stuff in there too)

AMC3 (103W)
Pentagon Channel

Lots of news feeds and sports feeds smattered around ½ dozen satellites (74, 79, 83, 85, 89, 91, 93). Depends on time of day

List of channels up there 24/7
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

GREAT list! I am not sure I need the motor then. I think the 2nd lnb will do! Too bad they don't make a "dual lnb" bracket :)

I’ve seen that commercial WAY too many times on the Equity channels (to patent your idea). Lets see if I remember it

“Inventors…..patent your idea with Inventech” (and they show a lady skating by on Rollerblades and a guy in the background pissed because he didn’t patent his version)

(lady) “Everyone laughed at my pot that cooked and drained pasta. If I had the patent, I’d be rich!”

(man) snap your finers (snaps fingers twice) turn on a light. That was my idea, but I didn’t think of getting a patent”

Then they talk about how to get it

(lady) cleaning with citrus was my little secret, but I didn’t patent it. Boy was that dumb”

Then they tell you how to get info

(That is too sad that I know the commercial almost by heart)

I am glad I did not take today off. My system did NOT show up! THe FedEx tracking shows it was scheduled to be delivered toady. NO package! Maybe tomorrow? WHo knows!

I'd check it again on Fedex site..The one thing I noticed is when I ordered my 6 foot dish it said I'd get it Thursday and it wasnt shipped until Wednesday so I got it Saturday :(

All Fed Ex shows is shipping information transmitted at 3:16pm Wed, schedule delivery today the 27th. No other datails available. I have had that happen with UPS, that the initial shippers info is received and then no tracking info until it arrives. Just my luck..I am just overly anxous :)

just because it was transmitted doesnt necessarily mean it was picked up the same day. If they create the shipping label online it registers right away. But they could wait a day to ship.

I've had that happen too many times (people transmit the info but its not shipped for a couple days)

I was afraid maybe that might be the case. I checked FedEx this am, and now there is now "Scheduled Delivery". It just shows that the "Packae Data Transmitted". So I have a feelig it has not even left yet :-( Oh well, it is suppose to rain for the next 3 days anyway. Have a great weekend!

Update!

Well, I just spoke to the dealer..... The package is still sitting in "the back". She said she thinks it should go out Monday. At least the forcast looks good late next week :)

AWESOME! THe pacakge has been picked up and is at the Fed Ex facility. OK, enough of my updates! Everyone have a great weekend!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts