ordered pansat s-2 kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I am waiting for my pansat 9200 8psk s-2 kit. I ordered it from ebay. 139.00 and free shipping.

Want to see how it works. I feel like i am missing some s-2 fta stuff.

I felt like at the time I got a good deal. I will feel bad if those things go down to 49.00 dollars. LOL

It's happened before.

I got cheated...It is a hack board. The guy claimed it was for "free to air". Well anyway he sent me another board and it is a turbo code s-2 board. I have no use for it.

Do you have this installed and working? What S2 channels can you get?

Transco, you get alot with a DVBS-2 receiver, an most of the S-2 are in HD, along with a bunch of sports feeds. don't realy want to list the names of them here, if you know what I mean. now I use a Pansat 9000 & Diamond 9000 here for S-2, even have used the Pan 9200, but I like the Pan 9000 much better for less bugs, better signal, an locks alot quicker, an will lock an play with lower signal, than any other receiver that I have ever used.

Also Transco do some checking on lyngsat an you will see the amount of S-2 signal their, even that they show encription some are not.
Good luck an hope all helps.

T
Also Transco do some checking on lyngsat an you will see the amount of S-2 signal their, even that they show encription some are not.
Good luck an hope all helps.
I realize I am in the minority, perhaps even a minority of one, but I'm not really interested in decrypting protected programming. For me, this is a hobby and I'm satisfied hunting out channels that can be watched without hardware / software modification. I want to buy a 'Universal' receiver capable of as many signal types as possible right out of the box. It looked like the Fortec Star Passion was the best bet, but when I contacted them I was told that this receiver will never be sold or supported in the U.S. So what else has as much flexibility? Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, 8psk, 4:2:2? I have a Pansat 3500 and am happy with that, but apparently the Pansat 9200HD is more limited than the Viewsat 9000HD or Sonicview SV8000HD. What ever I buy is going to have to last me a long time, so I want to get it right. All suggestions are appreciated.

I don't condone signal hacking at all. In fact its the hackers that have put these junk boards on the market confusing vendors about what dvb s-2 "true free to air" really is and what the proper hardware is to receive it.

I will probably just buy another fta hd box with s-2 capabilities. My pansat 9200 HD has been a little disappointing as far as the poor tuner performance and all the bugs.

I feel like ...OK - I spend nearly 400.00 dollars on this box to begin with. It gives me good HD and terrestrial HD reception.
The s-2 kit-I waited forever for it to be released. It is optional and another 200.00 dollars.

Now I have 600.00 in a single FTA receiver that has a lot of software bugs and locks up frequently needing re-booted often.

On top of that I bought that board from tvtoyz and the guy gives me a hard time about a replacement and then the replacement he sends is just another hack board that is blue in color instead of green!

What a bunch of crap!

I will probably just buy another fta hd box with s-2 capabilities. My pansat 9200 HD has been a little disappointing as far as the poor tuner performance and all the bugs.

Have you decided what your next receiver will be? If not, which ones are on your short list.

I realize I am in the minority, perhaps even a minority of one, but I'm not really interested in decrypting protected programming. For me, this is a hobby and I'm satisfied hunting out channels that can be watched without hardware / software modification. I want to buy a 'Universal' receiver capable of as many signal types as possible right out of the box. It looked like the Fortec Star Passion was the best bet, but when I contacted them I was told that this receiver will never be sold or supported in the U.S. So what else has as much flexibility? Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, 8psk, 4:2:2? I have a Pansat 3500 and am happy with that, but apparently the Pansat 9200HD is more limited than the Viewsat 9000HD or Sonicview SV8000HD. What ever I buy is going to have to last me a long time, so I want to get it right. All suggestions are appreciated.

Well i guess that you miss understood what I ment, about encripted feeds, lyngsat will show them as encripted but realy they are not when you scan them, they will be ITC. didn't intend for any type of soft-ware mod at all or hardware either, sorry for not being clear about that. I just wish that the providers would put something into their data stream to stop the hacking, because it has given fta a bad name. an I do not condone it it any way...

Now the only receiver that Iknow of that will do 4:2:2 is the QualiTV, but they do not do DVBS-2. Now it does do 4:2:0 SD & HD, along with 4:2:2 SD & HD, along with mpeg-2 & 4, also a real fine receiver. an the QualiTV needs to be a slave to a master receiver like a DSR922, due to its satellite list, not for this country, an you can not change the name of the satellites either.

Now on the Viewsat-9000 I had 1 for a wile an it will not do DVBS-2 at all, no hint of signal. will do mpeg 2 & 4. an I did not care for it at all when working a motorized dish, very poor compared to other receivers the way they work. an the blind scan missed alot when looking for signals, an also took a fair amount of signal to lock an play a picture, around 40 to 50 on the Quality meter picture would break up. also of all the mpeg HD receiver this was the poorest performer, that I have used.

Now on the Sonicview 8000, It will not do DVBS-2 at all. but is a very nice receiver for working a motor. I have ran 1 since april of 2007, an its the only receiver that you don' have to go into the menue to tweek a dish to the east or west, all done just by hitting the signal meter button. now the blind scan is alot better than the Viewsat9000 but still doesn't work that good, slow an will miss stations, an will not lock on real low SR under 2000, but it will play with a low signal very well, I have played picture with only 25 for Quality with no break ups.

now the pansat 9200 has a great smart search, an it does do DVBS-2 with the add on board. but in all that is a much better receiver than the SV8000 & VS9000, now the 9200 soft-ware is buggie right now but with Pansat they will fix it just give them some time to iron it out. an it will do mpeg 2 & 4 along with DVBS-2, an even can record with it also. an the Pan 9200 is not limited copared to the SV & VS, the 9200 is a far better receiver by far, an with owening all 3, I would pick the 9200 in a second.

Now Transco I have ran just about every type of HD mpeg receiver, wife says i get more receivers than see gets shoes. the only 1 have not used is a Captain. now another receiver that does do DVBS-2 is a Diamond9000 an alot cheeper than the Pan9200, the only problem is that the TP data for S-2 needs to be enter via compt on rs232, an it doesn't have a blind scan, but will lock an play with low signals also. an may even think about a Coolsat 8000, also another nice receiver an it does do DVBS-2, but no blind scan also, but nice to work a motorized dish.

Did not mean to be long winded Transco but just wanted to give you a short feed back of the receivers that I have used tru out my years of satellite, an do not under estamate the Pan9200 its a nice receiver, an my 1st mpeg receiver was a Pan300a, an that was a few moons ago, an have always been a fan of Panerax an still am to this day.
Good Luck

No, I didn't misunderstand as was glad to see you were of like mind. Should anyone else weigh in, I just want to make sure they knew what I was looking for. I happened upon a forum where they rated receivers by their 'hackability'.

One more question if I may... I see two different 8psk adapters (Ninja, Illuminati), neither of which seem to be made by Pansat. What do you consider the best?

One more question if I may... I see two different 8psk adapters (Ninja, Illuminati), neither of which seem to be made by Pansat. What do you consider the best?

Neither those are both hacker boards you want to get the DVBS-2 from a Panerax dealer, Try Mike at Gobal an he will even install it for you. or if you can find 1 like I use here is a Pansat 9000, very happy with it, but no smart search, but does do S-2 right out of the box.

Could you give me links to Mike and Panerax? When I Google it I end up with a company that makes golf balls. Is the 9000 obsolete? I checked Ebay and came up dry.

I feel like I'm missing out too. I decided against putting the S2 board in my 9200 and would rather buy a capable receiver for the same money.

Right now, the Coolsat 8000 is looking pretty good if the prices keep dropping.

I think I am going to get a pair of coolsat 8000's. I will put one in the spare bedroom connected to the v-box 4 and 7.5' sami c/ku dish.

When my Mom stays here, she really loves the HD FTA pic quality. She is amazed. I set her up a system with a 7.5' dish, C-band astrotel lnbf, fortec ultra. She also has a 75cm ku dish with an sg-2100 motor.

I got cheated

I got cheated...It is a hack board. The guy claimed it was for "free to air". Well anyway he sent me another board and it is a turbo code s-2 board. I have no use for it.
Does this make it twice that you got cheated from buying from e-bay? That’s gotta hurt! :eek: Hope you get your money back. :)

Maybe it's been said here before on another thread and maybe this is a stupid question. :eek::eek: What’s the difference between say a Pansat 2500a and a Motorola 4DTV DSR922 and the General Instruments 4DTV satellite receivers? I have 3 dishes and I will need a separate receiver for each one. Sorry if my post back to you has gone off topic. I hope you can recoup your money Racer!

Thanks,
TOM

http://www.skyvision.com/store/mi4509029.html

Tom there are a lot of differences in a Pansat and a 4dtv, like night and day? Motorola bought General Instruments and the 4dtv's were label Motorola after that, but were General Instrument before that. But, they are the same. Some differences between the 4dtv and Pansat are:
.................................... 4dtv............. Pansat
analog........................... Yes................ No
control servo motor......... Yes................ Yes
control actuator.............. Yes................ No
control V-Box.................. No................ Yes
control diseqc commands... No................ Yes

they are entirely different types of receiver's

I was talking about the same ebay experience...I couldn't handle it twice. It was that guy from tvtoyz. I got $crewed. The replacement board was just another version of the hack board the thieves use.

I have this useless board now that I guess needs to go in the trash since it will not lock the equity channels that are broadcast in S-2.

I am still on the fence about what fta box to buy.
My pansat 9200HD no longer gets video on some fta channels since the software update from pansat.

I am setting up my old Fortec ultra to get those channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)