Ordering an Additional HD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yawn9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Hello all,

My experience with DirecTV has been well enough that I'd like to add an additional HD receiver in the guest bedroom (doubles as my PC room). I'd like to order it off of the website for convenience--is there any way to know what model reciever would be shipped to me? I'd like an H21 or H23, for the Ethernet port. Is one of these the model I would receive if I order through the website? I'd like to make sure I don't end up getting an H20.

Thanks.

No, there is no way to designate which exact model you'll get. They only narrow it down to a receiver type. (SD/HD/SD DVR/HD DVR)
Only way to do that is either go to a best buy, or order one from a place like solid signal, etc.
Are you installing it yourself, or are you needing D* to install?

No, there is no way to designate which exact model you'll get. They only narrow it down to a receiver type. (SD/HD/SD DVR/HD DVR)
Only way to do that is either go to a best buy, or order one from a place like solid signal, etc.
Are you installing it yourself, or are you needing D* to install?
I'd be installing it myself.

or you could just get the one you want from weakness;) they are one of our gold sponsors at the top.

or you could just get the one you want from weakness;) they are one of our gold sponsors at the top.
I would, but their DirecTV receiver pricing is $30 more expensive than Best Buy/direct from DirecTV. ;) I bought my SWM-8 through them.

Best Buy is sounding like the best option, provided they aren't going to force an installer on me. There's one less than a mile from my place.

I ordered an HD receiver last week I was supposed to get the HD H21 and received the H20, everything I have is black. I received the H20 which is silver and sticks out like a sore thumb and they sent the manual for the H21. Sending it back and going to Best Buy to get what I am paying for, a black H21.

I would, but their DirecTV receiver pricing is $30 more expensive than Best Buy/direct from DirecTV. ;) I bought my SWM-8 through them.

Best Buy is sounding like the best option, provided they aren't going to force an installer on me. There's one less than a mile from my place.

Might want to check Costco as well If you have one in your area, they tend to be a bit cheaper yet.

Chances are, if you ordered from D* you would NOT get the H20 anyways as they are about the oldest units around, they like to send out the newest stuff.

Jimbo

I ordered an HD receiver last week I was supposed to get the HD H21 and received the H20, everything I have is black. I received the H20 which is silver and sticks out like a sore thumb and they sent the manual for the H21. Sending it back and going to Best Buy to get what I am paying for, a black H21.
This surprises me that they would send a H20 out.

This surprises me that they would send a H20 out.

There are some bluebirds every once in a while. Last year I got two brand new HR20-100's when everyone was getting HR21's and people were trying to get 20's for the OTA capability and couldnt get them.

Dang shame because I have ZERO ota reception capability.

There are some bluebirds every once in a while. Last year I got two brand new HR20-100's when everyone was getting HR21's and people were trying to get 20's for the OTA capability and couldnt get them.

Dang shame because I have ZERO ota reception capability.

I will be BEGGING for a HR20-700, I think mine is going bad at the moment.

Hello all,

My experience with DirecTV has been well enough that I'd like to add an additional HD receiver in the guest bedroom (doubles as my PC room). I'd like to order it off of the website for convenience--is there any way to know what model reciever would be shipped to me? I'd like an H21 or H23, for the Ethernet port. Is one of these the model I would receive if I order through the website? I'd like to make sure I don't end up getting an H20.

Thanks.
I know that there is no way to tell but I can tell you they wont ship an h20, I just got my new one and it was an hr22

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts