Ordering PPV Online - Dish needs to fix this issue!

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
I posted this in another thread related to the $5 phone line charge. I think it's a big enough issue to warrant it's own thread.

WARNING: Ordering PPV via online has it's faults. Even though you login to order, the system has no idea what satellites your using. Twice now we have ordered PPV movies online then find out later that we watched the incorrect channel on the receiver. Our Free PPV credit gets used up on a channel we don't get because we don't use satellite 129. We get charged $5-$6 for watching the movie we wanted to see via VOD as that was the only place we see the movie we ordered.

Dish Network needs to fix this issue.

When ordering PPV movies online, there should be a link to my account that knows what satellites we use OR identify the satellite for each PPV listing. That way customers like myself don't get screwed every time we try to watch PPV. For this reason, we no longer watch ANY PPV.

I think this information is relevant to the $5 phone connection. As Dish moves away from PPV orders via the receiver, they need to address issues like the one I point out above.

NO, it is not DISH's problem, it's yours.
What needs to be done is YOU need to get your DISH updated so that you are receiving the correct satellites for your area.
Dish should have notified you that you needed an upgrade.

NO, it is not DISH's problem, it's yours.
What needs to be done is YOU need to get your DISH updated so that you are receiving the correct satellites for your area.
Dish should have notified you that you needed an upgrade.
no Dish needs update their customers equipment..They are responsible for advising the customer what equipment they need!!

I posted this in another thread related to the $5 phone line charge. I think it's a big enough issue to warrant it's own thread.

WARNING: Ordering PPV via online has it's faults. Even though you login to order, the system has no idea what satellites your using. Twice now we have ordered PPV movies online then find out later that we watched the incorrect channel on the receiver. Our Free PPV credit gets used up on a channel we don't get because we don't use satellite 129. We get charged $5-$6 for watching the movie we wanted to see via VOD as that was the only place we see the movie we ordered.

Dish Network needs to fix this issue.

When ordering PPV movies online, there should be a link to my account that knows what satellites we use OR identify the satellite for each PPV listing. That way customers like myself don't get screwed every time we try to watch PPV. For this reason, we no longer watch ANY PPV.

I think this information is relevant to the $5 phone connection. As Dish moves away from PPV orders via the receiver, they need to address issues like the one I point out above.
I understand what u mean. The ordering system is not customer specific!! There are warnings but it is very easy to make a mistake

no Dish needs update their customers equipment..They are responsible for advising the customer what equipment they need!!

Did you READ the last line in what you quoted. Obviously not. DISH probably did but it's possible they didn't get to the OP yet as the do have over 13 million customers.

Anyway to the OP, PM one of the DIRT members with your info and I am sure they will get you taken care of.

In the mean time, look in the guide to see whats listed before ordering as any channel on a satellite you do not receive won't be listed in the guide. (501 doesn't count as its VOD not PPV)

Did you READ the last line in what you quoted. Obviously not. DISH probably did but it's possible they didn't get to the OP yet as the do have over 13 million customers.

Anyway to the OP, PM one of the DIRT members with your info and I am sure they will get you taken care of.

In the mean time, look in the guide to see whats listed before ordering as any channel on a satellite you do not receive won't be listed in the guide. (501 doesn't count as its VOD not PPV)

excuse me.When u order a ppv online it shows all options regardless of equipment that is installed at a customer site. It is very possible to order a ppv on channel u cannot see. Please try it yourself it is very easy to do. The 129 satellite used to have significantly more ppv than 61.5 . There is no reason a customer should be put through Hell to order a simple PPV. It should be a 1 click process with no thinking involved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)