Ordering PPV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zipcode01104

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I dont have any phone jacks connected to my recievers. However my receivers allow me to order PPV. Do they bill me at some point for these purchases? What happens if I order ESPNgame plan>??

Well.

This gets stickier now that receivers are leased. I am guessing if you quit D* and have to return the receivers you would get charged the max fee if you didnt return the access card (forgot what that fee was).

Essentially, with no phone line, they can't phone home, you'll never get charged. If circumstances lead to you needing to send that IRD/Access Card back to D*, they may read it, and in a few years you end up with a bunch of charges you're liable for.

In your situtuation, you should order PPV from online. This will allow you to watch it on all of your receivers. If you order a subscription service (if it lets you) you would only get it on a single receiver because without the ability to phone home and let D* know you've subbed to it, the other receivers will not get the authorization from D* for you to view that content.

After "x" number of remote orders and no phone home the card will become full and lock out additional ordering.

I will order them online. I dont want tons of charges a year from now. I recently upgraded a SD tv to HD tv. They sent a tech out to do the install. Why it takes a tech to come out and do it I have no idea.

The Tech left my old box and told me D* will send me information to send it back. He then told me has has to take the new remote. Anyone ever have an upgraded box installed??

...Why it takes a tech to come out and do it I have no idea.

The Tech left my old box and told me D* will send me information to send it back. He then told me has has to take the new remote. Anyone ever have an upgraded box installed??
Now that is odd. It's one thing to take the old box in exchange, or tell you that D* will send you a postage paid box to send the old one back...it is another issue entirely to have the tech try and abscond with your NEW remote. Maybe he has D* at home and his remote wasn't working so he thought he could "borrow" yours ;)

I just had my HR10-250 upgraded today to the HR20, and the tech left it here and made no mention of D* wanting it back. It was purchased, but as per the deal of the free upgrade (actually $19.95 S/H fee), it was supposed to be a swap out. So now I have two HR20's and one HR10-250 that I can add to a third TV when/if I feel like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)