OT.....Sunday Ticket on PS3

thanks for the info, but most football fans here are doing great with RedZone!

$7 vs $340 (and you will need at least a 5MB internet connection)

Plus you have to show that you can't get directv. Which I am guessing there are situations where one can get dish but not direct?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

empiretc said:
thanks for the info, but most football fans here are doing great with RedZone!

$7 vs $340 (and you will need at least a 5MB internet connection)

Why compare a whole year fee to a single month fee?

To get the RZ channel during the whole season you would need to subscribe to 6 different months which will make it $42, not $7

For 8x more money you get well more than 8x the programming. Every game, plus a mix channel, and an even better quality RZ channel than the one that is run by the NFL on Dish and other providers.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Why compare a whole year fee to a single month fee?

To get the RZ channel during the whole season you would need to subscribe to 6 different months which will make it $42, not $7

For 8x more money you get well more than 8x the programming. Every game, plus a mix channel, and an even better quality RZ channel than the one that is run by the NFL on Dish and other providers.

yeah, brain-fart there. however, 5 months covers regular season- $35.

As far as RZ being better quality on dtv, customers should expect it to be at least 10x better.....:

empiretc said:
yeah, brain-fart there. however, 5 months covers regular season- $35.

As far as RZ being better quality on dtv, customers should expect it to be at least 10x better.....:

You are not paying for just the RZ channel though so it alone does not have to be 10x better. You are getting actual games with it, thus more than 8x the programming (is actually 15x the programming). It is the package as a whole that has to be 10x better, which when measured by the amount of programming, it is.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That's a great option for non-Direct subs who are big football fans (or fans of an out of market team); but ouch, that seems like a steep price for only 17 weeks of football.

Maybe I'm just not a big enough fan to appreciate the price. If it was around $200 I'd consider it. As it is, the price makes the decision simple. I'll stick with the national telecasts.

Thanks for posting this info. I'm sure some will find it useful.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It is the package as a whole that has to be 10x better, which when measured by the amount of programming, it is.

Agreed! nothing beats it. dtv bids aggressively for the rights to have it and the price they charge demonstrates what it costs them.

Don't get me wrong. I think ST is way too expensive and out of all of the sports packs, you get less for each dollar as it cost the most and they show the fewest games, plus it is only active once a week.

My point was just one comparing the price for one channel vs 10 channels (8 game channels, 1 better RZ channel, and a mix channel). And the game channels each show about 2 games per Sunday. So you get much more than 10x the programming for 10x the cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)