Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH just announced to its retailers that the Tailgater is now available for order. :)

I know a lot of people have been waiting for these!

LOL, i was just at dish network's site playing around with my account (bored) and noticed this in their store (was trying to figure out why Revue was still listed as $179 whereas I can buy one just about anywhere else for $99). First time I'd heard of it so I headed here to check it out. How does a customer sight it in? Does it come with a cheap squawker of sime kind? I suppose this is meant to replace the tripod setups, huh?

The Revue Price will be lowered to $99 this week. ;)

The customer does not need to sight it. They put on level ground, hook up a coax cable to it from the 211k and then the 211k moves the dish automatically and finds the satellite. No squawker needed.

Nope, western arc only. The Eastern Arc Satellites are too close together for the small 8 inch Tailgater Dish to pick them up (and tell the difference between them)

What's the point of the tailgater if you cant pick up the sports programming in HD half the time? Good like finding your local pre and post game shows for that big collage football game on your local RSN. Its like buying a car without the fuel!

Hmmm, sounds pretty sweet. Wonder how well it will do? Given its namesake, may do well with those cooking out in the football season coming up. Just give it power and it takes care of the rest... Looking forward to seeing how well it does.

I suppose sports fans is only one facet. Should go very well with the rv/camping community...no more manually sighting in a dish on a tripod, just plug 'er in to a power supply and let it do the rest.

What's the point of the tailgater if you cant pick up the sports programming in HD half the time? Good like finding your local pre and post game shows for that big collage football game on your local RSN. Its like buying a car without the fuel!
Why can you only pick up half of the sports programming? HD RSN's are mirrored on both arcs.

If the Tailgater works as good as the Vuqube(and it should) it will be great and be easier to set up. All you need is a generator to power the TV and receiver, then you're watching TV in no time.

Where can I purchase one? Are they available at DishStore.net?

I see that solidsignal has them for pre-order at $399.99. Says MSRP is 749.99.

Can you purchase these directly from dish network?

Supposedly you can order them directly from Dish for $499 but it says that they're out of stock

I always take two 211Ks with us in the motorhome using a tripod mounted Dish 1000 for WA. Will the Tailgater handle two 211ks or is it just for a single receiver?

Huh? I believe (from memory) that the MSRP on them from DISH Network is $350. If you are paying $399.99 then you are paying too much.

DISh is selling them for $499 but that includes the 211k receiver as well.

I dont know if DISHSTORE.COM will carry them or not, give Claude a call up and ask him. :D

When you buy them for $499 you are getting the Tailgater and a 211k. Dish Network local retailers will be selling them too. We have three that have been on order since Team Summit. Hopefully we receive them very soon. Now I need to get a portable generator ordered.

Does anyone happen to know which VuQube the Tailgater is based off of? I'm assuming that at a $350 price point (which is darn good) it must be one of the lower models, like the V20?

HDinTX said:
I always take two 211Ks with us in the motorhome using a tripod mounted Dish 1000 for WA. Will the Tailgater handle two 211ks or is it just for a single receiver?

Agree. That is my problem too. I run two Tvs at my tailgate so the tailgater doesn't cut it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Well I guess I would compare it to the VQ2000 model because it does HD but the Tailgater only does one receiver instead of two. It's the same casing as the VuQubes but it is it's own design for Dish only. I'm thinking of buying my portable generator today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts