OT thread about the OT posts :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok, i am a fairly new member here myself,,some things bother me about this situation,,i understand how gold sponspors are paying for this specific target market, and are paying for you governing that audience from outside non payed references, which i am all for because it does keep a place like this up and running and keeps the sponsors here, and believe me 99% of my money ( when and if i ever have any !!!! ha ha)will be used to purchase from SatAV, that is a company with a heart( too long of a story to explain right now and off topic)and they are a Gold Sponsor here..now one thig that bothers me is that PSB does deserve members pruchasing dollars aswell,, he may not pay for advertising , and as being a MOD that may be the only conflict if he did pay,, but his TIME is MONEY. and all the help that he provides,i mean come on,,,so if someone took upon themselves to choose to make a PSB pruchase and then wants to share experience.( i think his tag line in his post are great for people to have if they feel they want to repay his kindness)thats where my other 1% of purchases would go
, and YES these sponsors are also great with thier postings and help, and again that makes members want to buy from them , now a point to be made is that these sponspors are also wholesalers/distributors who probably have PSB as a vendor, and if he moves products for them, its synergy.( both members and sponsors are here because of guys like you ICE and PSB, we know that , they know that)last thing,, not all these vendors have same things and there may a product that none of them have??so what then , if a member makes a reference to that product and pruchase place?now this forum is for members to help each other, what if a non sponspor has an incrediable deal, like selling a product that sponsors do have, but the non sponsor is selling for 50% off and a member wants to inform everyone???well there is my rambling, but it was on topic...

VERY WELL PUT! That is the point I was trying to make, but you worded it perfectly!

ok, i am a fairly new member here myself,,some things bother me about this situation,,i understand how gold sponspors are paying for this specific target market, and are paying for you governing that audience from outside non payed references, which i am all for because it does keep a place like this up and running and keeps the sponsors here, and believe me 99% of my money ( when and if i ever have any !!!! ha ha)will be used to purchase from SatAV, that is a company with a heart( too long of a story to explain right now and off topic)and they are a Gold Sponsor here..now one thig that bothers me is that PSB does deserve members pruchasing dollars aswell,, he may not pay for advertising , and as being a MOD that may be the only conflict if he did pay,, but his TIME is MONEY. and all the help that he provides,i mean come on,,,so if someone took upon themselves to choose to make a PSB pruchase and then wants to share experience.( i think his tag line in his post are great for people to have if they feel they want to repay his kindness)thats where my other 1% of purchases would go
, and YES these sponsors are also great with thier postings and help, and again that makes members want to buy from them , now a point to be made is that these sponspors are also wholesalers/distributors who probably have PSB as a vendor, and if he moves products for them, its synergy.( both members and sponsors are here because of guys like you ICE and PSB, we know that , they know that)last thing,, not all these vendors have same things and there may a product that none of them have??so what then , if a member makes a reference to that product and pruchase place?now this forum is for members to help each other, what if a non sponspor has an incrediable deal, like selling a product that sponsors do have, but the non sponsor is selling for 50% off and a member wants to inform everyone???well there is my rambling, but it was on topic...

I think it is very hard for the mods to try to enforce their policies. They sometimes will let some postings stay and will remove others. In not seeing what they remove makes it hard for one like me to accurately make a comment. However since I am coming to participate on their site, I feel they have the right to moderate the site as they see fit. (There was probably something to this in their agreement when you enter the forums, but that was some time ago now) And they do this to keep the sponsors and topics all at a happy level. Yes they do leave comments that mention places of non-sponsors, like how many times have you read... a cheap place to buy coax is at XXXX or crimpers can be purchased resonably at YYYY (please note I put the XXXX and YYYY in myself). And maybe we will miss out on a good price for a piece of equipement, but they provide a wealth of information and what I feel is a friendly atmosphere to talk about my hobby.
Anyways, I guess this all comes down to, I am participating in their forums that they moderate and control to their standards and not to my standards. But I come here knowing this and appreiciate the site they run. Thank You mods.

Maybe it would be best and preferred to just spam PSB Satellite all over the forum, I have a funny feeling the same members would complain just the same.
I run a (non-satellite-related) forum myself and can attest to the fact that some members will complain no matter what you do, what you don't do, what someone else did, what no one did, or what someone somewhere thought about doing at some undetermined time. I'm really not sure why this is such a difficult concept for some people anyway -- what's a sponsor going to think if he sees that the guy who's recruiting him is trying to target the same customers?

I've wanted a dish of my own since I was a kid, but didn't have the money or the space to do it for years. When I decided to give up DirecTV and go back to cable (stupid two year commitment for HD), I figured that was it for me and satellite. Then I found this forum and learned that at least some of what I'd picked up from reading What Satellite TV could be applied here... and that it wouldn't cost all that much to put it to use with the pole I already had. There's a lot of useful information here from some really good people, and as I often tell the incessant whiners and complainers in my forum, if you don't like the rules here, no one's stopping you from going to another forum that's more to your liking.

Now, that said, PSB, I don't think it would be a conflict of interest if you took the extra quote marks out of your sig's HTML so the link would be clickable. ;-)

:)

You can't please all the people all the time, but we certainly have been pleasing A LOT of people for the last few years here in the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum! And that's the way it will stay.

I used to read/sub to "What Satellite" TV magazine in the UK. It was a lot like this forum, full of GREAT info (people)!

http://www.wotsat.com/

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)