OTA 2 Tuner Limit

mjaklrsav

Original poster
Nov 23, 2017
Anybody come up with a way to increase the two tuner limit with the OTA tuner supplied by Dish? So far I have had numerous times where two shows were recording, while someone else in the house wanted to watch another OTA channel. So far this is not working out too well. Four TV & four boxes. I chatted with DIsh and they have no solution unless I go back to paying $10 a month. I have a super joey, hopper with sling and two joeys.

Welcome to SatGuys! :)

Unfortunately, thats the limit with your current setup, and even that is an improvement. The dual-tuner adapter is relatively new. For the longest time, we were stuck with the original Hopper OTA adapter, which was only a single tuner. About your only solution would be to replace one of the Joeys with another HWS, which you could then plug another dual-tuner OTA adapter in, for a total of four OTA tuners across the system.

Reactions: JSheridan
Welcome to SatGuys! :)

Unfortunately, thats the limit with your current setup, and even that is an improvement. The dual-tuner adapter is relatively new. For the longest time, we were stuck with the original Hopper OTA adapter, which was only a single tuner. About your only solution would be to replace one of the Joeys with another HWS, which you could then plug another dual-tuner OTA adapter in, for a total of four OTA tuners across the system.

The Super Joey has the OTA tuner, do you think a second OTA tuner plugged into the Hopper w/Sling can work?

The Super Joey has the OTA tuner, do you think a second OTA tuner plugged into the Hopper w/Sling can work?

Not sure on that one. To be honest, I've never heard of an OTA adapter working by being plugged into a Super Joey. My guess is that a second at the Hopper wouldn't work, but it's probably worth trying and see what happens.

Reactions: pattykay