OTA Advice Requested in SW Washington

rickcrna

Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Vancouver, WA
Hello

I am interested in replacing my current Directv service with an OTA antenna and using a Mac Mini with Plex
to receive internet content. According to my location analysis on TV Fool I am 21 miles from the transmitter towers in Portland, OR with NM between 30 and 42 with 2 edge path and 218 to 220 degree aizmuth to pull the most common TV stations. NBC, PBS and FOX are VHF and the other channels are UHF.

Given my proximity to the towers and desired stations, what is my best and most convenient option for the OTA antenna?

Thanks in advance for your collective thoughts.

Rick
Brush Prairie, WA

Seeing you didn't post your TVFOOL how about a zip code so we can see the results. Is 98606 correct?If that zip is correct I see no 2edge stations in your 20 mile zone for most of your stations. I would suggest a Winegard HD1080 very small and works for me out to 60-70 miles though Winegard rates it at 35mi.

Last edited:
I am 21 miles from the transmitter towers in Portland, OR with NM between 30 and 42 with 2 edge path
Given my proximity to the towers and desired stations, what is my best and most convenient option for the OTA antenna?

I'd be considering a medium sized 7-69 antenna such as the HD7496P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts