OTA Antenna choices, I need help badly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CrazyINP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Ok I have problem,
I am loosing connection with local OTA channals, is not that good.
The installer came today (thumbs up for installers.com I called VOOM last night and they said it would be thursday but the installer came today) ok he changed the antenna board (channal master) it is a little better but still dropping, he came couple mins back with different antenna it was dark silver I believe winegard or something like this, so we tried but was same or I can say a little worse then channal master, so my question is what choices I have for antenna, should I keep calling VOOM or should I look for something better, now It must have small size, I can't put some big ugly antenna

Please anyone where should I look for one.

I am using a Channelmaster 4228 which is a long directional antenna (8-bay). Its been working great for me. It looks like the WineGuard 8800, but bigger.

I would call voom back and ask for another type of antenna. First I would go to antenna.org to see what type your area needs.

I have the Channel Master 4228 and am 75-80 miles from Nashville. Also have the Winegard 28db amp. I never got but 1 little flicker of a signal until this morning when I am getting 3 stations. I was aiming to sell it but I am going to install a rotor to see if it helps.

The signal quality is only at 20 but ABC here and PAX is flawless this morning, but it rained overnight. I think the damp has something to do with it.

Lem52

Crazy,

you need to tell us how far you are from the antenna's. as jimmy said, go to antennaweb.org and put in your address to see how scattered and distant your towers are. Then we can help. What is the environment like around your house, trees, mountains, buildings, etcc....?

CrazyINP said:
Ok I have problem,
I am loosing connection with local OTA channals, is not that good.
The installer came today (thumbs up for installers.com I called VOOM last night and they said it would be thursday but the installer came today) ok he changed the antenna board (channal master) it is a little better but still dropping, he came couple mins back with different antenna it was dark silver I believe winegard or something like this, so we tried but was same or I can say a little worse then channal master, so my question is what choices I have for antenna, should I keep calling VOOM or should I look for something better, now It must have small size, I can't put some big ugly antenna

Please anyone where should I look for one.
Call some of the engineers at your local affiliates and ask what antenna they use.

Here you go,
right now my antenna is oriented to 305Deg.
* yellow - uhf KSTS-DT 48.1 TEL SAN JOSE CA 35° 13.2 49
* yellow - uhf KQED-DT 9.1 PBS San Francisco CA 305° 33.9 30
* yellow - uhf KMTP-DT 33 IND San Francisco CA FCC Ext 305° 33.9 33
* yellow - uhf KPIX-DT 5.1 CBS San Francisco CA 305° 33.9 29
* yellow - uhf KDTV-DT 14.1 UNI SAN FRANCISCO CA 35° 13.2 51
* yellow - uhf KBWB-DT 20.1 WB San Francisco CA 305° 33.9 19
* yellow - uhf KGO-DT 7.1 ABC San Francisco CA 305° 33.9 24
* yellow - uhf KICU-DT 36.1 IND SAN JOSE CA 38° 12.9 52
* green - uhf KCNS-DT 38.1 SAH SAN FRANCISCO CA 305° 33.9 39
* green - uhf KCSM-DT 43.1 PBS San Mateo CA 305° 33.9 43
* green - uhf KRON-DT 4.1 IND San Francisco CA 305° 33.9 57
* green - vhf KNTV-DT 11.1 NBC San Jose CA 132° 21.8 12
* green - uhf KTVU-DT 2.1 FOX Oakland CA 305° 33.9 56
* lt green - uhf KTEH-DT 50 PBS San Jose CA TBD 38° 13.0 50
* lt green - uhf KSMS-DT 31.1 UNI MONTEREY CA 129° 27.8 31
* red - uhf KFTL-DT 62 SAH STOCKTON CA TBD 357° 35.7 62
* red - uhf KBHK-DT 44.1 UPN San Francisco CA 305° 33.9 45
* red - uhf KFSF-DT 34.1 TFA VALLEJO CA 305° 33.9 34
* blue - uhf KKPX-DT 65.1 PAX SAN JOSE CA 301° 29.8 41
* violet - uhf KTSF-DT 26.1 IND SAN FRANCISCO CA 301° 29.8 27
* violet - uhf KTLN-DT 47.1 IND NOVATO CA 316° 60.9 47
* violet - uhf KRCB-DT 22.1 PBS Cotati CA 322° 72.8 23

occammd said:
Crazy,

you need to tell us how far you are from the antenna's. as jimmy said, go to antennaweb.org and put in your address to see how scattered and distant your towers are. Then we can help. What is the environment like around your house, trees, mountains, buildings, etcc....?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)