OTA Antenna Poll

They didnt eliminate 2-6 on the digital side, it was just not recommended to use VHF LO due to possible interference
But stations still do. One big example is 6 in Philly which is the ABC affiliate
WPVI-TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

smaller markets the stations went to their analog channel...Mike Kohl had a nice list posted here of stations that are in the 2-6 area
http://www.global-cm.net/US CH 2-6 FULL POWER DIGITAL TV.pdf

In Canada I know both Thunder Bay stations (CBC 2 and Global 4) went digital on those stations after having a UHF channel already assigned

My mistake, you are correct.
Best to check with TVFOOL to see what is available for your area. Some areas only require a UHF antenna, and others both UHF and VHF.

This is my tv antenna I can get Fort Wayne sometimes South Bend. I have off brand 4 bay tv antenna with a Antennacraft 30db booster from radioshack has worked well for 3 years now. During the summer months I can pick up a lot more tv stations.

Dan Rose

0718091644a.jpg

In my area we have 3 VHF-Hi channels that I'm interested in (7,9 and 13) and the rest are on UHF. The signals emanate from a 10K+ ft mountain top thats only about 12 miles away. I have 4 TV's in my house so I wanted an antenna that had enough gain to run through a simple but lossy 4 way splitter. What I ended up with is a Winegard HD7694P. Its a "High Band VHF and UHF Yagi that is considered a medium range antenna. Not having to cover the low band VHF makes for a relatively compact design. I've had it up for a few years now and never had a bit of trouble. The 769x series also has two larger models. One for long range/fringe and one for deep fringe. Winegard and Channel Master built the best antennas IMHO. I also own an Antennacraft FM6 directional FM antenna. Its well built. Antennacraft also makes TV antennas but I have no experience with them.

I use a old Quantum 1160 made by Channel master back in the 70s-90s it is VHF/UHF about 16 ft long and in on a 36 ft tower, no problem with stations 71 niles away

I have a Funke PSP-1920 still in the box, a Channel Master original 4228 mounted about 5 ft above the peak of the roof and what looks like an old Radio Shack UHF/VHF combo that I removed from the attic and mounted about 5 ft above the roof.

The catch is that I am about 5 miles from nearly all the transmitters and have one tower at 90 degrees from the rest about 2.5 miles from me, so I really do not need the two high powered antennas except that they are feeding 6 tuners.

I bought the Funke to see if I could pull in a couple of VHF stations due west of me and about 85 miles away over in New Mexico, but even driven by a Winegard HDP-269 it did not work, so I put the Funke back in the tube it came in and there it sets.

TVFool indicates if I lived about 25 miles further west (Leveland, TX.) it would probably work.

I just installed an Antennacraft HBU-33 to pick up the Tyler locals. The closest tower is about 25 miles away (ABC), and the farthest one is CBS at 72 miles away. The only one I don't get is the FOX which is just shy of the distance that I am from the CBS station but it's about 20 degrees to the west from where I have to point it for the other 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)