OTA Antenna Poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They didnt eliminate 2-6 on the digital side, it was just not recommended to use VHF LO due to possible interference
But stations still do. One big example is 6 in Philly which is the ABC affiliate
WPVI-TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

smaller markets the stations went to their analog channel...Mike Kohl had a nice list posted here of stations that are in the 2-6 area
http://www.global-cm.net/US CH 2-6 FULL POWER DIGITAL TV.pdf

In Canada I know both Thunder Bay stations (CBC 2 and Global 4) went digital on those stations after having a UHF channel already assigned

My mistake, you are correct.
Best to check with TVFOOL to see what is available for your area. Some areas only require a UHF antenna, and others both UHF and VHF.

This is my tv antenna I can get Fort Wayne sometimes South Bend. I have off brand 4 bay tv antenna with a Antennacraft 30db booster from radioshack has worked well for 3 years now. During the summer months I can pick up a lot more tv stations.

Dan Rose

0718091644a.jpg

In my area we have 3 VHF-Hi channels that I'm interested in (7,9 and 13) and the rest are on UHF. The signals emanate from a 10K+ ft mountain top thats only about 12 miles away. I have 4 TV's in my house so I wanted an antenna that had enough gain to run through a simple but lossy 4 way splitter. What I ended up with is a Winegard HD7694P. Its a "High Band VHF and UHF Yagi that is considered a medium range antenna. Not having to cover the low band VHF makes for a relatively compact design. I've had it up for a few years now and never had a bit of trouble. The 769x series also has two larger models. One for long range/fringe and one for deep fringe. Winegard and Channel Master built the best antennas IMHO. I also own an Antennacraft FM6 directional FM antenna. Its well built. Antennacraft also makes TV antennas but I have no experience with them.

I use a old Quantum 1160 made by Channel master back in the 70s-90s it is VHF/UHF about 16 ft long and in on a 36 ft tower, no problem with stations 71 niles away

I have a Funke PSP-1920 still in the box, a Channel Master original 4228 mounted about 5 ft above the peak of the roof and what looks like an old Radio Shack UHF/VHF combo that I removed from the attic and mounted about 5 ft above the roof.

The catch is that I am about 5 miles from nearly all the transmitters and have one tower at 90 degrees from the rest about 2.5 miles from me, so I really do not need the two high powered antennas except that they are feeding 6 tuners.

I bought the Funke to see if I could pull in a couple of VHF stations due west of me and about 85 miles away over in New Mexico, but even driven by a Winegard HDP-269 it did not work, so I put the Funke back in the tube it came in and there it sets.

TVFool indicates if I lived about 25 miles further west (Leveland, TX.) it would probably work.

I just installed an Antennacraft HBU-33 to pick up the Tyler locals. The closest tower is about 25 miles away (ABC), and the farthest one is CBS at 72 miles away. The only one I don't get is the FOX which is just shy of the distance that I am from the CBS station but it's about 20 degrees to the west from where I have to point it for the other 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts