OTA Antenna ?

johnfaas said:
Well I ordered the 91XG from antennasdirect ! I will let you all know how it works.
Are you going to use a rotor for the two locations you are going to be getting stations from?

jimboeau said:
Not sure on this one John.... Do let us know when you get your 91XG and how it works for you. Are you using the 777 CM preamp?

I will let you know , due in UPS on tues.I am off thurs and fri so I will try to get it up !
I havent picked a pre amp yet ? Is the 777 a good one ? What do you all use ?

John,

be aware that currently VOOM OTA mapping cannot do two DMAs. The mapping in your PG pretty much determines which DMA you would get. With the New Software Release (coming soon), you will be able to add digital channels manually from two different DMAs.

Sean Mota said:
John,

be aware that currently VOOM OTA mapping cannot do two DMAs. The mapping in your PG pretty much determines which DMA you would get. With the New Software Release (coming soon), you will be able to add digital channels manually from two different DMAs.
Yes , my TV has a digital tuner built in . Sean what preamp do you know to work the best ?

johnfaas said:
Yes , my TV has a digital tuner built in . Sean what preamp do you know to work the best ?
Most seem to prefer the CM 777 VHF and UHF preamp. They also have a UHF only 775 model. The thinking is that in the future when some stations change back to VHF you could still use the 777 even if all your digitals are UHF now. Here's a link....

http://www.warrenelectronics.com/Antennas/HDTV_preamps.htm

jimboeau said:
Most seem to prefer the CM 777 VHF and UHF preamp. They also have a UHF only 775 model. The thinking is that in the future when some stations change back to VHF you could still use the 777 even if all your digitals are UHF now. Here's a link....

http://www.warrenelectronics.com/Antennas/HDTV_preamps.htm
Thanks Jim , What is the reason for higher and lower (db) amps, the longer the run the higher the( db ) ?

johnfaas said:
Thanks Jim , What is the reason for higher and lower (db) amps, the longer the run the higher the( db ) ?
Yes, also one of the reasons the CM preamps seem to be favored is they have a real low signal/noise ratio........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)