OTA antenna

sunelec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Jackson, Michigan
Try the regular splitter but if in your judgement the picture could be better then get an amplified splitter or a distribution amp to split the signal.Everytime you use a splitter there is about a 3 db loss of signal so the amplifier makes up for that. Get one with about 10 to 12 db gain ( just enough to make up for any signal losses ). If you go too powerful it can amplify noise and make your picture worse. It's a trial and error process.

KwestJones

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 8, 2006
I connect OTA to both 622 and TV. That allows me to watch Heroes live on TV and record 24 on 622.:)

You should be able to watch Heroes and record 24 and record something else at the same time with the 622. It has 3 tuners.

...............or am I missing something?

I know on Mondays I record 3 different programs at 9pm with my 622 and if I were home I could watch the items I recorded at 8 while they were recording at 9. The 622 is the only reason I stay with E*.....well that and the HD leader and so forth.

hammertime

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 21, 2006
I also love my 622. I'm just upset that they don't have local stations in HD yet . I'll try both ways and see which one gives the most chanells and clearer picture in HD.

NOHDjunkie

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 20, 2004
Lacombe La
You should be able to watch Heroes and record 24 and record something else at the same time with the 622. It has 3 tuners.

...............or am I missing something?

I know on Mondays I record 3 different programs at 9pm with my 622 and if I were home I could watch the items I recorded at 8 while they were recording at 9. The 622 is the only reason I stay with E*.....well that and the HD leader and so forth.

only one OTA tuner

hammertime

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 21, 2006
When I get my OTA antenna and start receiving my local chanells in HD, Can I now cancel my locals with Dish Network and not have to pay the 4.99 a month?

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
IF you cancel your locals from Dish you will lose the ota guide information for your ota stations with a 942,622 hd dvrs . I don't know about the 211 hd receiver.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Yes that summarizes DISH 's plans for all their FEES. I remember back 3 or 4 years ago there were NO FEES and they only charged for the additional receivers at $4.99 each. Even dvrs were NO FEES. Now it is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$.

hammertime

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 21, 2006
I guess I could put the HD locals on my TV instead of the receiver and then I could cancel my locals with Dish Network.

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
I guess I could put the HD locals on my TV instead of the receiver and then I could cancel my locals with Dish Network.

yeah, if you don't mind not being able to record network programming in hi-def. At least run the antenna signal into both the TV and your 622. Even if you cancel locals to save the 5 bucks, you can still pause and do timer-based recordings in HD of network programming. To me, it would be worth the 5 bucks a month to keep the locals, especially since I also have a non-HD Dish DVR. But, you could always cut off your nose to spite your face, if that's your thing.

hammertime

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 21, 2006
one last question. When I hook up the splitter on my wineguard squareshooter ss-2000 does it go before the amplifier or after??? Or does it matter?