OTA antenna

Try the regular splitter but if in your judgement the picture could be better then get an amplified splitter or a distribution amp to split the signal.Everytime you use a splitter there is about a 3 db loss of signal so the amplifier makes up for that. Get one with about 10 to 12 db gain ( just enough to make up for any signal losses ). If you go too powerful it can amplify noise and make your picture worse. It's a trial and error process.

I connect OTA to both 622 and TV. That allows me to watch Heroes live on TV and record 24 on 622.:)

You should be able to watch Heroes and record 24 and record something else at the same time with the 622. It has 3 tuners.

...............or am I missing something?

I know on Mondays I record 3 different programs at 9pm with my 622 and if I were home I could watch the items I recorded at 8 while they were recording at 9. The 622 is the only reason I stay with E*.....well that and the HD leader and so forth.

I also love my 622. I'm just upset that they don't have local stations in HD yet . I'll try both ways and see which one gives the most chanells and clearer picture in HD.

You should be able to watch Heroes and record 24 and record something else at the same time with the 622. It has 3 tuners.

...............or am I missing something?

I know on Mondays I record 3 different programs at 9pm with my 622 and if I were home I could watch the items I recorded at 8 while they were recording at 9. The 622 is the only reason I stay with E*.....well that and the HD leader and so forth.

only one OTA tuner

When I get my OTA antenna and start receiving my local chanells in HD, Can I now cancel my locals with Dish Network and not have to pay the 4.99 a month?

IF you cancel your locals from Dish you will lose the ota guide information for your ota stations with a 942,622 hd dvrs . I don't know about the 211 hd receiver.

Yes that summarizes DISH 's plans for all their FEES. I remember back 3 or 4 years ago there were NO FEES and they only charged for the additional receivers at $4.99 each. Even dvrs were NO FEES. Now it is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I guess I could put the HD locals on my TV instead of the receiver and then I could cancel my locals with Dish Network.

I guess I could put the HD locals on my TV instead of the receiver and then I could cancel my locals with Dish Network.

yeah, if you don't mind not being able to record network programming in hi-def. At least run the antenna signal into both the TV and your 622. Even if you cancel locals to save the 5 bucks, you can still pause and do timer-based recordings in HD of network programming. To me, it would be worth the 5 bucks a month to keep the locals, especially since I also have a non-HD Dish DVR. But, you could always cut off your nose to spite your face, if that's your thing.

one last question. When I hook up the splitter on my wineguard squareshooter ss-2000 does it go before the amplifier or after??? Or does it matter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts