OTA Breakup Problem

I now this post is out of date, but was curious if Dish ever released a fix for this. I continue to have this problem and just discovered today that if you tune to the OTA channel, the recording will be fine. I did this in the middle of a recording and can easily see from the recording when I tuned to the channel. If pixelates and sound drops out about every 2 to 4 seconds. After I tuned to the channel, the rest of the recording was perfect. Any updates DISH? This seems to be a big gotcha.

I now this post is out of date, but was curious if Dish ever released a fix for this. I continue to have this problem and just discovered today that if you tune to the OTA channel, the recording will be fine. I did this in the middle of a recording and can easily see from the recording when I tuned to the channel. If pixelates and sound drops out about every 2 to 4 seconds. After I tuned to the channel, the rest of the recording was perfect. Any updates DISH? This seems to be a big gotcha.
The problem has been solved, you just need to get the DUAL tuner adapter at the following link:
Products | AirTV
The single wont work on a DISH receiver but the dual one will.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I had read about a dual tuner and at the time there were heat issues causing them to fail. Does this device not have that problem or was it another device that had issues?

Appreciate the responses.

Fitz

Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I had read about a dual tuner and at the time there were heat issues causing them to fail. Does this device not have that problem or was it another device that had issues?

Appreciate the responses.

Fitz
The HOT tuner was made by Hauppage. The AirTV is a re-design made by Lark (presumably) and gets only slightly warm. Mine works great.

The HOT tuner was made by Hauppage. The AirTV is a re-design made by Lark (presumably) and gets only slightly warm. Mine works great.
Mine too. So good, I forget I even have an OTA plugged in, sometimes. (I don't watch too many local or network shows)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I went to the link that you provided above for AirTV, and the adapter is shown, but it does not allow you to purchase one. Is there another site for these? I see the Dish dual tuner adapter is on Amazon for $65, but I would prefer to purchase the $30 one from AirTV..... I just got off the phone with Dish to see if they would replace mine and they want to send a technician out for $95 to see if my current adapter is bad... I have been a Dish customer for over 20 years and yet they tend to be impossible to work with at times.

I went to the link that you provided above for AirTV, and the adapter is shown, but it does not allow you to purchase one.

It allowed me to add it to my cart and then go to my cart without issue. Where exactly do you get prevented from buying it? I am looking here: Products | AirTV

Hah. Browser issue! For some reason Chrome would not let me add it to cart, but the old IE would. Thanks again for the quick responses and information.
People would be surprised at how often I revert back to the "old IE" when Chrome or Firefox are giving me issues

Reactions: charlesrshell
Did you notice a reduction in signal strength using the Airtv tuner as opposed to the dish single tuner?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I had a slight reduction (100 to 85), but repositioning my antenna a bit got me back in the 90's. No breakups since I got it.

Is the AirTV Dual-Tuner Adapter USB 2.0 or 3.0?

Doesn't say on the packaging or instructions. You can contact the seller if it important to know. I've noticed that I do get a few seconds of pixelation at the start of some recordings, but the rest of the program is fine.

Reactions: pattykay
Doesn't say on the packaging or instructions. You can contact the seller if it important to know. I've noticed that I do get a few seconds of pixelation at the start of some recordings, but the rest of the program is fine.
I noticed something similar with the (Dish-branded) Lark adapter. Actually, in my case, it was more like the picture would fade to black, and the audio would drop out briefly, then everything came back to normal. When it happened, it was always at the same point, near the very beginning of the recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)