OTA Ch Buzzr added to dish.

It looks like BUZZR also shows a fair amount of Family Feud, although I hope it is the older versions.

Yeah, it's the old ones with Richard Dawson and Ray Cone. I like Steve Harvey, probably the best since Richard Dawson, but GSN plays it about half the day.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: DWS44 and pattykay
Do they run the old commercials while airing these old game shows? I'd love to see John Cameron Swayze trying to break a Timex watch while viewing an old episode of "What's My Line".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...53CF360E0E762C1F7C8E53CF360E0E762C1&FORM=VIRE

Don't think they run old commercials, but as with game shows, showing the products takes you back with cars and such back then. I have been watching this via OTA and is funny to see old products

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
Right now (6:30 central time), GSN and BUZZR have Family Fued on. GSN has the Steve Harvey version, BUZZR has the Richard Dawson version.

Right now (6:30 central time), GSN and BUZZR have Family Fued on. GSN has the Steve Harvey version, BUZZR has the Richard Dawson version.
I like Steve Harvey, but I also like the old ones, so I would have to pick Richard over the new one. Very glad they added this channel. It makes recording the old game shows easier. I get Buzzr off of my C-Band dish, the PQ is a lot better, but it is so much more convenient to be able to record on the Hopper with a guide. On the Manhattan FTA receiver I have that gets the master feed of Buzzr, you have to do manual timer based recordings, and the time often gets messed up.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I like Steve Harvey, but I also like the old ones, so I would have to pick Richard over the new one. Very glad they added this channel. It makes recording the old game shows easier. I get Buzzr off of my C-Band dish, the PQ is a lot better, but it is so much more convenient to be able to record on the Hopper with a guide. On the Manhattan FTA receiver I have that gets the master feed of Buzzr, you have to do manual timer based recordings, and the time often gets messed up.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Come, COME over to the pizza dish side!

Reactions: bobvick
And as for Match Game, unlike GSN, Buzzer lets the old consolation prize/promotional consideration bumper (from '75 on?) run that's usually placed 2/3 of the way into the show with Johnny O telling us all about those "modern" 1970's food and electronic products. Now, if they would also run the old "Tickets" bumper because around '74 or so, they used to superimpose the eyes of one celebrity panelist with the mouth or lips of another and some times a different chin. That was ALWAYS worth waiting for. Of course, I could see confusion that some people today would actually write in for tickets for a 1970's TV game show that no longer exists (I mean the 1970's version, not the other later and current versions).

I am embarrassed to admit hat as a young man I not only watched that I actually enjoyed it.
As people would today. In fact, Howard Stern did his version for many years or whoever could tell the most sad, awful, horrible personal story/tragedy would win the prize Howard was offering. It's humor like slapstick (slipping on a banana peel) type of humor or when one becomes totally servile--as in Basil Fawlty. Of course Basil deserved it after demonstrating such arrogance and contempt for those working under him. Always funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)