OTA channel notch filter

dancrouse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Kennesaw, GA
I want to be able to block enough frequencies to create five internal modulated channels without losing any of my OTA digital channels. I'm seen notch filters online, but most seem to block a range large enough for two or three channels. Will I need a series of notch filters or is there a programmable device that I could use.

a NF469 will allow insertion on channels 15, 16, 17, & 18. What range are you looking to get?

I can set the modulators for any channel I want. We do have a channel 14 & 17 locally here in NW Atlanta, so the above may not work for me. Is there device that would let me choose the channels I block?

Are we talking about backfeeding four Dish boxes here? If we are, the agile modulators are quite strong, and shouldn't need notch filters to flood your cable network with NTSC signals.

Here's is what I'm trying to do. I have in house system of cameras with built in modulators. The cameras are using CATV channels 89, 86, 83, 80, and 77. I'm trying to add OTA to the same coax network so I can watch OTA also. All the televisions involved are digital. When I introduce the OTA signal, the camera signal reduces significantly. I would like to be able to see all my digital channels and my 5 cameras on each television.

A notch filter or jointenna is what you need, but it's not really designed to work with a star topology. If the coax network were like a fork or a spiral, with a single termination point, it'd be fine, but I think that for multiple tv tuners, you'll need multiple leads somewhere. If you can bring all of your CCTV leads and OTA together in one place, and then out to a tv coax network, it'd be perfect.

I'm move the channels I was modulating from 77 thru 89 to 104 thru 120. I believe catv 77 thru 89 use the same frequencies as OTA channels 26 thru 38 which conflict with some of the new digital channels. Everything now works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)