OTA channels have black vertical bars since a power loss.

jtrayall

Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Since a power loss, I now have black bars on the right and left on the OTA channels. I checked and I'm set to 1080i, and tried native mode. Before this, all of my OTA channels filled the full screen. I reset the power again with the same results. Not sure what has changed. Any suggestions?

OTA channels are controlled by the local stations. Sometimes they send the transmittion with black bars or gray bars or stretch. This is how it is done.

I understand, but it was displaying on the full screen until I reset the power. I been having Voom OTA since June with no problems.

Maybe some setting in your tv got reset to the default setting with the power outage? :confused: Seems odd to me that they would fill the screen all the time, but even weirder if suddenly they don't anymore! :confused:

Filling the screen ? ota ? i didnt think the ota would fill the screen unless it was in hd. i see where you can stretch and squeeze but wont that affect the HD broadcast ?

stevesmall said:
Filling the screen ? ota ? i didnt think the ota would fill the screen unless it was in hd. i see where you can stretch and squeeze but wont that affect the HD broadcast ?
An HD broadcast can't be changed on my MITS, but there are 4 or 5 formats you can change for SD or analog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts