Ota channels now in guide

You guys mind if I clear a few things up here? (Couldn't stop laughing when I read both the post and it's reply.)

OTA = Over The Air

By OTA receiver do you mean an antenna?

You need an AM21 or the new LCC for to integrate OTA channels into the guide on your DirecTV DVR. The LCC will work only on an HR44 or HR54, by the way. You plug the USB cable on either device into the USB port on your DVR.

Then you connect an antenna to your LCC or AM21. Of course, the antenna must be good enough and able to receive the channels you are interested in. The LCC comes with a mouse pad style indoor antenna and you can purchase and use a better one if you need to.

Also - when you plug the AM21 or LCC into your DVR, a setup screen on your TV will guide you through the setup process.
Once you go into said menu.
It doesn't pop up just by plugging in, afaik.

Once you go into said menu.
It doesn't pop up just by plugging in, afaik.

For me, it prompted me through the setup process on my HR54 when I plugged it in. I wasn't in a menu when I plugged it in.

Btw - I've given up on the LCC - too buggy for me. I've since set up a Tablo and I'll never look back.

For me, it prompted me through the setup process on my HR54 when I plugged it in. I wasn't in a menu when I plugged it in.

Btw - I've given up on the LCC - too buggy for me. I've since set up a Tablo and I'll never look back.
My experience was different, however, also using different devices, as I'm using an AM21 with a HR44.

Reactions: Athlon646464
With the AM21 you have to go through a setup screen. My understanding is with the LCC you don't but I don't have one to check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)