OTA Driving me crazy

mikewv100

Original poster
May 14, 2004
I am using a Inexpensive radio shack outdoor antenna but I am still getting over 90 on 2 of the channels in my area. 99 on one of them.These channels do show up in the guide. When Voom searches for channels it says no channels found. I use same antenna with Directv dtc 100 I get the channels fine. What am I doing wrong?
It worked fine the first time I set it up a couple of months ago. I gave up for a while but I really do not want to use 2 receivers.

It's the new software. Before I got 6.20 I got all of my OTA stations. After 6.20 was downloaded to my box, I lost 2 OTA channels although I still showed 98 and 97 for a signal. The Motorola box and software are crap.

Bob

Go into the installer's menu and choose the option to aim antenna, put your channel number in and see what the strength is. If you have 80 or above, the signal is ok, and the station may have PSIP issues. Voom is looking for very specific information in the PSIP and if your station is not sending it, Voom will not accept it.

This is really weird because when Voom mapped my channels, I could tune in my local PBS, but when I tried to scan and add it, the channel was rejected. Now I can tune in all of my local channels no problem.

Ota

My signal is 99 on three of the channels and I received all of the channels for 2 days. Now it won't find any of the channels during the scan or tune any of them.

Mike,

it has to do with the PSIP information not being passed to the receiver. Send me your full address and complete description of the problem you are having. I will pass it on to the moto engineers and they can look at it to see if it is a PSIP problem or something with the mapping. In the mean time, you may inquire to see if the station is passing PSIP data information for their digitial stations. There are three pieces of information that the VOOM stb is looking for.

Does Voom DVi connection have HDCP?

24" Dish not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts