OTA dropouts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CHIEF CARL

Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
staunton,virginia
mylocal tv digita stations (OTA) l ..( 10 channels )have good strength as indicated by signal strength indicators / meter on EACH channel. the readings are 75 to 96,,,,,nothing lower.These readings are constant, BUT..... the picture STILLpixelates / tears and drops out off and on.... EVEN WITH THE GOODSTRENGTH READINGS on ALL 10 channels. I am very frustratedhere.

Anyideas and /or replies will be appreciated.

Ive had problems with my HR34 and AM21 doing the same thing. Audio blips, pixelation, and my SS is between 80 and 90 on those channels. I finally just said screw it and started recording off the Sat versions, will just use the OTA tuner if I lose the sat for some reason in an emergency. The PQ on my locals sucks OTA anyways because of subchannels, so Im not missing anything.

mylocal tv digita stations (OTA) l ..( 10 channels )have good strength as indicated by signal strength indicators / meter on EACH channel. the readings are 75 to 96,,,,,nothing lower.These readings are constant, BUT..... the picture STILLpixelates / tears and drops out off and on.... EVEN WITH THE GOODSTRENGTH READINGS on ALL 10 channels. I am very frustratedhere.

Anyideas and /or replies will be appreciated.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Have you checked the condition of your cabling and antenna? The numbers don't really mean that much if you are having issues. Is this new or has it been going on from the beginning? Perhaps your antenna needs repointing.

CHIEF CARL

YES RAOUL (CHIP) THE PIXELATING PROB IS A FAIRLY NEW SYMPTOM WITH MY LOCAL OTA DIGITAL CHANNELS.
I AM APPROX 20 MILES FROM THE TRANSMITTER.
MY ANTENNA IS A NEW DIGITAL (DB8) WITH AMPLIFIER.
tHE COAX CABLE ,I AM NOT SURE OF.....(CONDITION).
ANTENNA REPOINTING YOU SAY.........HOW WILL I KNOW WHERE TO POINT IT (PRECISELY) WHEN SIG STRENGTH IS ALREADY VERY GOOD (ON ALL CHANNELS (12)?

=raoul5788;2986137]:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Have you checked the condition of your cabling and antenna? The numbers don't really mean that much if you are having issues. Is this new or has it been going on from the beginning? Perhaps your antenna needs repointing.[/QUOTE]

When you are that close to the transmitters, your signal might be too strong. That could cause the multipath that jdspencer mentioned. Whether the signal is too weak or too strong, try adjusting your antenna direction and see if that helps.

Using an amplified DB8 at that distance is asking for trouble. try it without the amp.

I find that the change of seasons can give multipath symptoms.
In my case it's because of a hill between me and the transmitters and when the trees lose their leaves.
I'm 9 miles from the towers, but the preamp helps in my case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts