OTA duel tuner when Dish has rain fade ?

Falcon195

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
Ohio
I think I read here that the OTA duel tuner will not work when your Dish service has no reception due to rain fade. To me it seems that this wouldn't be true. As the OTA tuner receives its signal from an external antenna. But I could be wrong. So can anyone give me any insight ?

I think I read here that the OTA duel tuner will not work when your Dish service has no reception due to rain fade. To me it seems that this wouldn't be true. As the OTA tuner receives its signal from an external antenna. But I could be wrong. So can anyone give me any insight ?

It continues working

What you think you read is wrong! You just need to access the guide and pick the OTA channel.

I think it depends on how long the Hopper3 receiver loses the satellite signals. When my roof was redone they had to remove my satellite dish. The satellite dish was down for 2 weeks. Initially I could watch OTA channels. After several days my Hopper3 receivers went into a constant reboot mode. As soon as my satellite dish was remounted the reboots stopped.
Of course rain fade should never last several days.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Unless they've corrected the update that messed everything up. During a storm on a Wally the OTA channels ARE affected, I repeat ARE. You can watch them but theirs the error message smack dab in the middle of the screen.

Unless they've corrected the update that messed everything up. During a storm on a Wally the OTA channels ARE affected, I repeat ARE. You can watch them but theirs the error message smack dab in the middle of the screen.

No problem watching ota on my Wally when rain fade occurs, which is often. No error message.

The latest update must have corrected the issue because their were some posting of complaints here just a few months ago.

That was me that originally posted the OTA error message during rain fade. The message pops up, grays out the screen and I can't get the error message to go away. Audio works fine. This is a channel that is on Dish locals that I can pull in off my outside antenna. The sub-channels are not affected that are not offered by Dish.

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

That was me that originally posted the OTA error message during rain fade. The message pops up, grays out the screen and I can't get the error message to go away. Audio works fine. This is a channel that is on Dish locals that I can pull in off my outside antenna. The sub-channels are not affected that are not offered by Dish.

Sounds like a bug. Is it still doing it? Have you reported it to DISH?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I reported the issue to tech Dept (after being on hold forever). They said they will look into it. Said they need to replicate the issue, which I'm not sure how they will. To answer your question, thankfully we have not had bad enough weather to fade the signal and I haven't needed to try it.

Reactions: JSheridan

You might have, but so to have I and in my case and 2-3 confirmed my case it did affect digital subchannels on our Wally's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)