OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

Austin, TX
KNVA Subchannel 51.2 --> COOL TV
KLRU Subchannel 18.3 --> KLRU-Q (PBS)
KVUE Subchannel 24.3 --> Weather & Traffic (with Sunday morning shows)

Here's the list that LER posted on 3/9/11
018-03 (KLRU, PBS) Digital Service
024-03 (KVUE, ABC) Digital Service
031-01 (KTFO) Digital Service
031-02 (KAKW) Digital Service
054-02 (COOL) Digital Service

Eugene, OR DMA

7.1 (KOAC, PBS/OPB HD) Digital Service
7.2 (KOAC, PBS/OPB SD) Digital Service
7.3 (KOAC, PBS/OPB Plus) Digital Service
7.4 (KOAC, PBS/OPB Radio) Digital Service

Last edited:
Is it possible to get occasional status reports on efforts to correct these situations?

It is possible, and I apologize for being absent on that. Nothing doing at the moment, but I am working on bringing 'heavies' in to help push for a fix. It takes convincing to bring more people to the cause. First stop was sympathetic, during LIN, but apparently the interest was only that LIN was mirroring the satellite provided channels takedown message.

Providence, RI

12-1 CBS- WPRI

12-2 CBS - WPRI - COOL

I just added new OTA and have to add these in the Providence / Boston market. Please do not forget 12-1 and 12-2

56-2 WLVI – TCN - Digital Service
68-2 WBPX – QUBO - Digital Service
68-2 WBPX – IONL - Digital Service
69-1 WPXQ – ION - Digital Service
69-2 WPXQ – QUBO - Digital Service
69-3 WPXQ – IONL - Digital Service

I think what Tony means is that he got sympathy from above that the LIN channel takedown message was mirrored onto the OTA LIN channels as well, making it problematic for customers to use OTA channels to replace missing satellite channels.

I am personally surprised that it takes "heavies" to order a fix for such a low-level technical problem.

I think what Tony means is that he got sympathy from above that the LIN channel takedown message was mirrored onto the OTA LIN channels as well, making it problematic for customers to use OTA channels to replace missing satellite channels.

I am personally surprised that it takes "heavies" to order a fix for such a low-level technical problem.

Especially when the info used to be correct on my local KSCW 033-01 for years.:rolleyes:

My local PBS has had the guide data wrong since the digital transition and one of the engineers at the station has communicated with Dish directly to fix it .... with no success. :(

Traverse City/Cadillac
All OTA
007-02 Digital Service
027-01 Digital Service
027-02 Digital Service
045-01 Digital Service FOX
045-02 Digital Service CBS

In the Portland ME DMA -

WPXT 51.1 (CW) shows correct EPG info - no problem
WPXT 51.2 (ME-TV) shows only Digital Service

WPXT 51.2 is brand new. It went live with ME-TV the first week in May. ME-TV is great, much better than Retro TV. I would love to DVR some of the shows but that is difficult with out guide data.

John

The following stations in the New Orleans DMA need OTA Guide information:
WWL 4.2 = Live Well TV
WGNO 26.2 = Antenna TV
WNOL 38.2 = THIS TV

Thanks,
Donald

To those of you who posted requests: My two prior successful OTA guide updates that were handled via email took approximately 2 months to get done, so since this thread was started in early March, hopefully you will start seeing some results soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)