OTA Guide info - do you receive it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jnardone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Hi:
I am in the NY area and I still do not get any program guide information for most of my OTA channels (2-1, 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 7-1, 7-2, 11-1 among others)
Do other people near NY get this information? Does the guide information come from the satellite or through the OTA antenna?

Voom swapped my box today to try to solve the problem but it did not solve anything. In fact, I now do not receive 7-1 and 7-2.

One more thing, I have never received 11-1 even though the OTA signal strength is 25-30. What could cause that problem?

Thanks,
Joseph

jnardone,

I VOOM swapped your box today. It takes about 8 hours to take the PG information back for the first time. After that it will be downloaded every night. The PG information is downloaded from the satellite every night. Wait a couple of days to see if 7-1 and 7-2 shows up in the guide; if not you might have to do a factory reset. But wait before doing this. Channel 11 WPIX or WB operates at very low power and depending on your location in NYC you are able to get it. Most people in Long Island will not be able to get it. I live in the Bronx and so I am only about 10 miles away from them with a clear sight of Manhattan (no building obstructions). Where are you located within NYC?

I will find the factory reset and post a link here...

P.S. Here's the Factory Reset Procedure:

VOOM STB "factory reset" instructions.

Warning: Only use after you know that VOOM has updated your mapping and you still do not get you local mapping to work. All settings will default to factory settings. All customization made will be lost in the setting menu as well as any favorite list.

Press the following buttons on the remote control unit:
a. VoOm
b. Green Button (To access Options and Settings screen)
c. Select "System Settings" menu option
d. Select option 8 "Installation Settings"
e. Press "9 8 8" on the remote control unit.
f. The "System Configuration" menu will have the following options:
(1) Manual Tune
(2) SD Audio & Video Test
(3) HD Audio & Video Test
(4) Modem Setup & Test
(5) Authorization Reset
(6) Factory Reset
(7) Audio Test Mode

The STB might default to 720p and you will need to adjust the resolution to 1080i. If you get weird numbers on the OTA mapping, do a reboot by holding power button for 5 seconds and letting go.

I have done the factory reset once and after you do it, you will need to reboot. In my case which is not the same, one of boxes was totally out whack after doing it. I left it alone for a day and it was fine after that.

Thanks Sean:
I am in NJ across the bay from NYC, 25 mi with no obstructions. I have done numerous factory resets during the three weeks I have had the first box and I do get guide information for 50-1, 50-2, 50-3, 50-4, 50-5. I think it is strange that the box would receive the guide info for the satellite channels and some OTA channels but not for other OTA's (2-1, 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 7-1, 7-2). The new box had the same program information within an hour of activation and then again within an hour of a factory reset that I did today but I will wait overnight before I call the problem in again.
I am getting the feeling that the file that VOOM sends to each box individually to tell it which OTA channels to look for and what guide information to display may not be set right for my box. Unfortunately, no one I have spoken to at VOOM can check that or do anything about it.
Sincerely,
Joseph

Follow this link and enter your zipcode, it will give you the exact mapping that VOOM has on your box for your zipcode. Yes, it is true VOOM enters these mappings for each individual zipcode attach to your account.

http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/cabdbs/grid.asp?partner_id=cabdbs

Let me know if you cannot get this resolved. I can send it to someone at VOOM that will get it resolve for you.

Thanks again Sean:

My guide has all of the 27 proper OTA channel numbers listed. It is just empty where the call letters should be and says "(no info)" where the program info should be. All except channels 50-1, 50-2, 50-3, 50-4 , 50-5, and 67-1 which contain the call letters and the program info. I get reception on the "50" channels but not on 67. I also receive 2-1, 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 7-1, and 7-2.

Sincerely,
Joseph

Sean Mota said:
Follow this link and enter your zipcode, it will give you the exact mapping that VOOM has on your box for your zipcode. Yes, it is true VOOM enters these mappings for each individual zipcode attach to your account.

http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/cabdbs/grid.asp?partner_id=cabdbs

Let me know if you cannot get this resolved. I can send it to someone at VOOM that will get it resolve for you.

All of that will get fixed. Give it sometime. I remember mine took about 8 hours to get all the information the first time. After that it was downloading every night the PG. Please post one way or another if you do not get all the PG information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts