OTA HR21 - AM21 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmittner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
I live in Erie, PA (16508), which D* does not carry locals in my area, but I currently receive Cleveland locals (D* thinks I live @ 44123), and wanted to know if I bought the AM21 in late Feb if I would be able to pick up the OTA SD/HD channels for the Erie DMA, even though the HR20 (which I assume acts like a AM21) does not "scan" for channels over the air. I guess my question is, does the HR20 only look for OTA locals in the DMA where your D* account thinks you live, or do you have an option of scanning or even entering the zipcode you want to receive OTA locals from?

When you enter a zip code in a HR20, it uses that for the program guide. The search is for all channels it can receive, where the signal is strong enough to provide a decent picture (55 or higher on the meter).

When you enter a zip code in a HR20, it uses that for the program guide. The search is for all channels it can receive, where the signal is strong enough to provide a decent picture (55 or higher on the meter).

The HR20 does not search (the H20 does), but uses the same list as the guide. You can edit the list in setup to lock out those you really can't receive, but can't add any new ones. I don't know why it doesn't have a search function (or manual entry).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts