OTA one dish and one 722

elfranzen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Maine
Right now I have one dish with two coaxial cables running down to the receiver (no switch). I have added and OTA antenna on the roof and used a diplexer to combine the OTA on the cable that feeds port 2 on my receiver. The single comes in ok but I was wondering if there was a better way of doing this. Would it be better to split the feed on cable 1 to both inputs on the 722 and use the other cable just for the OTA and get rid of the diplexers? I have an 15db amp 53-1000mhz would that help with OTA or is it out of range. Also would I be able to use a splitter or do I need something special. Thanks for the help

1 separator & no diplexer

Right now I have one dish with two coaxial cables running down to the receiver (no switch). I have added and OTA antenna on the roof and used a diplexer to combine the OTA on the cable that feeds port 2 on my receiver. The single comes in ok but I was wondering if there was a better way of doing this. Would it be better to split the feed on cable 1 to both inputs on the 722 and use the other cable just for the OTA and get rid of the diplexers? I have an 15db amp 53-1000mhz would that help with OTA or is it out of range. Also would I be able to use a splitter or do I need something special. Thanks for the help

Go with 1 separator and get rid of the diplexers and you will increase the signal strength of OTA. I've only had the diplexers in line 1 time and since have removed them on my 2 relocation's.

Try the amplifier between the diplexer closet to the receiver and the receiver see what your results are. To use a separator you need a DPP Twin on your dish which you probably would have to buy. You already have the amp, and yes it is correct for OTA.

I saw this
When used with the Dishpro Plus 44 Switch, or Dishpro Plus Twin this product will allow you to run a Duel Tuner Receiver such as a 322, 522, 721 or 921 with a single Coaxial Cable

I didn't know what a Dishpro Plus Twin was.

Tried the amp only boosted it by a few points on some channels. example 84 to 88 not as much as I thought.

If you are above 80 on OTA and you are having signal issues, it is more probably multipath. The dish ATSC tuner is far more sensitive to multipath than the tuner in my tv's.

Are you on a hill? Is there a hill or large building behind you in any direction?

If you have two cables coming down from the dish for both the inputs on the back of the 722, then you don't have a Dish Pro [+] switch on the dish. You more then likely have a DPTwin or similar. Without the Dish Pro [+], then you can't use the separator. DPP equipment only.

So, your original set up was correct. Diplex the OTA off of one of the inputs and that should work for you better.

More info on your system. We need to know if you have Dish Pro or legacy LNB's. The dish pro is labeled as such. If you have DP then you can use the separator. If you have the dp then you can lose the diplexers and have it as OTA on the second cable. I find the later to be better than diplexed OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts