OTA Problems in Cincinnati

bengel

Original poster
Jul 5, 2004
Lately I stopped receiveing channel 19 & channel 64 (although channel 19 seems to be working now). They have worked fine in the past and in fact if I plug in the RF number for channel 64 (33 I believe) into the "wizard" I get a signal strength of about 95. However I do not get a picture (get the "no signal" message").

I talked with Voom about this and they told me it is a problem with the broadcasting tower. That I should contact the broadcaster (WSTR) to fix this problem...

This sounds like total bullsh*t to me but the installer tech told me that they have had like 40 calls over this same issue. I can't believe DirectTV and Dish network subscribers are having this kind of problem..

Any advice or insight anyone?

bengel,

contact your local broadcaster to see if there is something going on with this channel. Local channels do happen to be turn off sometimes for maintenance or problems. Let's take this possibility out of the equation before we continue. Thanks.

Do you have another receiver or anyone else who is getting the same channel with either an E* or D* receiver over the air? Over the Air transmittion is quite different than satellite transmittion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts